Student Application Business Analyst
Provide analysis, training, implementation and leadership services to the users of the student based information systems supported by the Information Technology Consortium.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide analysis, training, coordination, monitoring, and problem-solving services to users of information systems provide by the Information Technology Consortium
- Recommend, design and implement solutions for functional, technical, service or process issues.
- Determine district needs, assisting them in automating new features and functions as needed
- Act as a liaison between end-users and Information Technology department
- Maintain knowledge of legal mandates, including reporting requirements, related to assigned focus areas.
- Coordinate the team to make all Federal, State and County reporting changes and ensure submission
- Test and implement all program changes in student information systems
- Review, organize and recommend system changes and enhancements; and write program specifications
- Review systems changes and enhancements after implementation to ensure compliance with specifications
- Develop and conduct regular end user training, client user meetings and seminar sessions
- Assist districts in preparation of specialized reports using reporting tools as needed
- Prepare and maintain end user documentation and operational procedures on existing and new applications and products
- Market and demonstrate the student information systems to potential clients
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree or four (4) years related experience with an Associate Degree in related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in software support and development of multi-level integrated applications
- Demonstrated experience in the use of databases to structure information
- Demonstrated experience in customer service with an emphasis on problem solving
- Demonstrated experience in developing and providing individual and group training
- Demonstrated ability to meet stringent timelines
Special Skills and Training
- Demonstrated consultation, training, group facilitation and process skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skill working with diverse populations
Current WCSSF 12-Month Salary Schedule – Schedule F ($61,101 - $92,474 FY) and a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including health/dental/vision/life and long-term disability insurance. Generous time off including 19 paid holidays, sick and personal business days. Membership in the Michigan Public Schools Employee Retirement System www.michigan.gov/ors. The position is represented by the the Wayne County Salaried Staff Federation Local 4479 (WCSSF). The current Collective Bargaining Agreement and additional information regarding employer sponsored health care plans can be found at: http://www.resa.net/aboutus/reports/budgetsalarycompensationtransparencyreports/
Application Process and Timeline: Internal and external applicants must complete and submit an online application at http://www.applitrack.com/resa/OnlineApp/default.aspx (Job ID #11461) by 3:00 p.m., Tuesday, August 21, 2018 in order to be considered.
Wayne County Regional Educational Service Agency (Wayne RESA) provides leadership and services to the 33 local school districts and 110 charter schools that educate almost 275,000 students. Wayne RESA is committed to the process of continuous improvement through service, leadership, collaboration, and excellence, and is a goals-driven organization that empowers staff to maximize resources to support student achievement.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $61,101.00 to $92,474.00 /year
- relevant: 3 years (Required)