At AI, we do privileged work that is critical to enabling and sustaining the mission of our customers. We enhance their ability to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public through failsafe technologies and systems. We take that responsibility very seriously. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality, right from the start. We account for potential points of failure up front – from improper scoping to user distrust – enabling us to manage risk effectively from day one. This proven approach sheds light on what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation. For us, there’s no problem too complex and no fix too small. Our work leaves no stone unturned in leading our customers where they need to be, efficiently and effectively
Applied Insight (AI) is seeking a talented Senior Systems Engineer in Washington, DC
- Administer and Support JWICS and SIPRNET Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) based on Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp and PVS built on vSphere ESXi Hosts.
- Desktop Presentation is Citrix XenDesktop with PVS.
- Application presentation is done through an assortment of technologies including Citrix XenApp
- Providing engineering support for Active Directory 2008 / 2012 and related network support equipment to ensure changes and maintenance did not interrupt service to the customers.
- Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of Desktop, Thin Client , production workstations across two classification levels.
- Install, configure and manage VMware vSphere & VDI Environment
- Configure VMware Distributed Resource Scheduling, High Availability and Fault Tolerance
- Install, configure and manage VMware ESX hosts, App-V
- Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures for VMware vSphere Environment
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with PCs, software, communications devices
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Active Top Secret Clearance required. Ability to obtain an SCI clearance required. Active SCI preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) and 5+ years of experience is required.
- Windows Server 2012/2016
- VMware ESXi 6 / 6.5
- Windows XP Professional/Vista/Windows 7 / 10
- TCP/IP, DNS, Local Area Networking
- Citrix XenDesktop
- Thin Client using Virtual Desktop Interface Technology
- Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
- Citrix XenApp
- Citrix PVS
- Storage Experience (NetApp, EMC)
- Cisco Networking
- Experience supporting Intelligence and Classified Customers