The Coordinator of Community Engagement will serve in a key leadership role of CREEED’s community engagement team. The Coordinator of Parent & Community Engagement’s key responsibilities include: leading the execution of CREEED’s community engagement initiatives and their respective value propositions. These initiatives include school tours, community conversations, parent forums, and engaging community members and civic leaders to become advocates for great schools; researching parent organizing incubators and supporting the rollout and ongoing operation of a parent organizing spinoff organization. The Coordinator of Parent & Community Engagement will report to CREEED’s Director of Choose to Excel.
The ideal candidate understands the El Paso and regional community; is able to build strong relationships with parents, neighborhood/faith/civic leaders, and elected officials. The candidate understands community organizing techniques, is a strong written/oral communicator, and can manage a team. As part of a small team in an emerging organization, CREEED seeks someone who will strategically think, plan, prioritize, and execute while also bringing new ideas to expand parent and community engagement in the area’s school systems.
Position Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Leading the day-to-day execution of CREEED’s Parent & Community Engagement initiatives and their respective value propositions;
- Managing ongoing projects in collaboration with external consultants (e.g. Raben Group, parent organizing and stakeholder engagement);
- Cultivating and building relationships with community stakeholders by attending and engaging in community meetings;
- Educating groups of stakeholders about CREEED’s work and value during events and community engagement initiatives;
- Facilitating community conversations and school tours to help build awareness and advocates for great schools;
- Building a coalition of neighborhood, faith, civic, and elected officials who are aligned with CREEED’s mission;
- Thinking strategically and developing ideas to enhance CREEED’s community engagement approach, image, and results;
- Formally quantifying and assessing the effectiveness, outcomes, and value of CREEED’s strategic initiative investments for increased parent and community engagement in our schools;
- Working with CREEED’s communications team to plan strategic communications to engage communities in discourse of the need for great schools, academic/college/career/life readiness, post-secondary attainment, 60x30, etc.; and.
- Researching, managing the rollout of, and providing ongoing support to a parent organizing group.
- Deep commitment to and enthusiasm for CREEED’s mission of ensuring that all children have an opportunity to receive an excellent education and graduate from high school college ready.
- At least two years of experience in the education sector, with an understanding of what makes a great school. Experience in the preK-12 sector is most desirable.
- Deep understanding of the El Paso and regional community, stakeholders, schools, regional agencies and programs;
- Strong ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with key community stakeholders;
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to simultaneously balance several tasks and projects;
- Capacity to work independently and thrive in a high-energy, dynamic environment;
- Strong ideation, problem solving, project management and execution skills;
- Strong communications and presentation abilities;
Please email resume, cover letter and writing sample.*
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19