A well-established manufacturer located in Horsham, PA is seeking an Inspector to join their team. This person will ensure that incoming materials, parts, assemblies and finished products, etc. conform to company standards in order to satisfy specified requirements and industry standards. The Inspector must have electro-mechanical experience to perform diversified dimensional, visual and electrical inspections of commercial and nuclear parts and products during all phases of the manufacturing process using standard and specialized inspection methods and equipment.
- Ensure the quality standard of the company in the inventory and products produced by the company.
- Checks randomly selected samples of incoming and outgoing parts and products for conformance to company standards.
- Verifies the accuracy of equipment and tools used.
- Maintains detailed records of inspection results.
- Reports non-conforming parts/products and items requiring immediate repair.
- Determines measures required to remedy deviations from company standards.
- Audit internal processes within the organization such as machining and welding.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to utilize gauges and calipers as well as inspection equipment.
- Ability to perform ASME Level II general dimension and visual inspections.
- Ability to perform ASME Level II PT and VT nondestructive examination (NDE).
- Obtain and maintain ASME inspection certifications.
- Ability to perform electrical inspection.
- Must possess strong documentation and communication skills to complete all records necessary to document inspection activities performed.
- Ability to lift 50-200 pounds, using lifting devices as required.
- High school diploma or general equivalent (GED); along with 2 – 5 years related experience and or training.
- Must be able to work in a continuous improvement environment where change is on-going and customer satisfaction is the top priority.
- Experience with metals machinery and fabrication.
- Experience with ASME and/or Military QA or ISO 9000 QA and previous Level II PT and VT NDE
- qualification preferred.
- Experience with MS Office and ERP system a plus
Salary range: $48K-$54K