Overview & Responsibilities
SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work ® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our associates said that their work has special meaning and is not “just a job”. We currently have a full time opening for an Office Manager at Pinecrest Memorial Funeral Home and Cemetery This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial® provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
Manages and coordinates the operational activities of a funeral home, cemetery and/or crematory operation. Ensures the highest quality services and products, to satisfy the need of any client family, to maximize budgeted profit plans for the location, and maintain a positive employee relations atmosphere.
- Oversees processing of all accounting support functions including but not limited to:
- Collections of all accounts receivable
- Verifications and payments of all accounts payable invoices
- Controls of receipt and deposit of cash payments received
- Maintains petty cash account and disburses the same in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Reconciliations of all accounts
- Cash advance checks
- Same Day Check requests
- Bank deposits
- Verifies/audits cash disbursement reports
- Tracks Capital Expenditure Authorizations (CEAs)
- Orders supplies for the office and completes inventory counts
- Coordinates the processing of orders and receipt of all merchandise orders including memorials and caskets and the control of storage inventory for vaults and markers, urns and caskets
- Oversees the processing of installation funeral-related orders and orders to the grounds and maintenance departments
- Supports location management to ensure all contracts and work orders are completed in a timely manner with proper documentation
- Schedules incoming orders and drivers for the ambulate service
- Completes various funeral/cemetery reports and files accurately
- Supports Sales as necessary requiring an understanding of JD Powers
- Assures compliance with all Company policies and procedures to include:
- Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) audit
- Diversity University (DU) training
- Interment Verification Training (IVT) audits
- Day Sales Outstanding’s (DSO) related to financial and administrative areas.
- Assists in preparing and/or overseeing all funeral/cemetery-related forms
- Reviews time cards and administers corporate payroll policies and procedures
- Administers local Human Resources (HR) processes such as completing Payroll forms, processing new hire paperwork, benefits enrollment forms, background checks, verifying pre-need sales licenses, maintaining employee files and other confidential files (I9’s, etc.). Not applicable in Canada.
- Ensures all new associates receive new hire orientation
- Pulls monthly reports from reporting site and create stack ranking reports for key performance indicators
- Maintains vehicle records/licenses
- Processes expense reports
- Updates General Price Lists (GPLs)
- Manages all Alarm Systems (codes, working order, etc.)
- Assists with funeral services and “Making Everlasting Memories” (MEMs) as needed
- Coordinates daily activities with business unit as well as other departments
- Trains associates in the proper administration of policies and procedures
- Services customers by interacting with families in a professional and compassionate manner
- Maintains and updates customer records
- Updates company website with current obituaries and ensures obituaries are placed in newspapers
- Provides a collaborative, productive workplace environment for associate growth and development that instills pride, a sense of ownership, and the challenge to associates to exceed expectations
- Behaves in a supportive way to enrich the work environment
- Uses customer feedback in conjunction with Sales to improve location administration and strengthen individual associate performance
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications / Requisitos y Aptitudes
- High school diploma, GED or completion of a diploma training program at a college or technical school.
- 2 – 5 years bookkeeping, general office, clerical accounting, and Accounts Payable experience required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid working knowledge of computers, typewriter, MS Office, e-mail, internet and basic office equipment required
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- High level of compassion, integrity, and confidentiality
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task and set priorities
- Detail oriented
- Must be flexible and able to function in a face-paced environment
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com .
Job Type: Full-time
- Office Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)