A note on our Values
We are a company that is dedicated to creating opportunities for greater health and well-being for the residents of Connecticut. We are authentic and foster a team spirit. We are committed to doing the right thing with genuine intention by owning our successes and failures and striving for excellence.
The Systems / SharePoint Administrator is responsible for the effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, maintenance of systems, hardware and software as related to Access Health CT’s IT infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing improvement within the technology infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures within the Access Health CT (AHCT) organization, adhere to organizational best practices and organizational values.
This individual will be solely responsible for the architecture, design and management of AHCT’s SharePoint environment. These activities include ensuring security policies are being met, working with each department to improve the collaboration of data and design of the sites.
Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development to production.
This individual is accountable for development, deployment, management and maintenance of the following:
- SharePoint Sites
- SQL Database Management
- IT Support & Licensing Renewals and Tracking
- Jira Ticketing System Administrator
- Assistance in maintaining IRS SafeGuards Security Compliance for all IT systems and infrastructure.
- Web Hosting & External DNS Management
- End user and Desktop Technical Support
- Departmental cross training
- Audio and Video support and equipment for external meetings (Board of Directors, Advisory committees, etc.)
- State of CT managed infrastructure items (Active Directory, Office 365, VPN, DNS, Firewall, Web Filtering, etc.)
- Other duties as required
SA Configuration and Provisioning
- Configuration of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Purchase, manage, install new / existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures for all systems within the organization.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative systems, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
Operations and Support
- 24/7/365 High Availability of the AHCT internal network and critical systems.
- Perform daily system monitoring
- Document, create, revise and improve IT procedures.
- Perform daily backup operations
- Provide Tier III infrastructure and other support
- Apply Operating System patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure and add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports organizational infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain the data center environment and monitor / maintain equipment.
Qualifications: the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience managing an IT Network system.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience managing a SharePoint environment
- Ability to fulfill responsibilities that occasionally require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Ability to interpret and/or discuss information with others at a high technical level, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people;
- Able to provide guidance, technical training and documentation
- Knowledge of functioning and use of information systems and technology including:
- Expert knowledge of concepts of network and microcomputer operating systems;
- Knowledge of IT equipment;
- Knowledge of help desk management tools and utilities;
- Knowledge of data control functions
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot simple operational and data communications problems;
- Ability to prepare and maintain records, logs and reports.
- Previous supervisory experience helpful, but not a requirement of the position.
Physical Demands: the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, bend/stretch, hear, use hands to type data, and utilize a phone or other electronic communication devices. This employee will frequently have to operate business machines. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: this is an in-office role in which the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Requires fast-paced deadlines and has a high stress level at times. Minimal travel required.
AHCT is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Organization
Job Type: Full-time
- SharePoint management: 3 years (Required)
- IT Network management: 3 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules