Southern Maryland Floor Company
The Mail Clerk is responsible for the accurate and timely picking, packing and shipping of various items for Southern Maryland Floor Company for occasional shipments within the U.S.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Unidentified general mail to be opened and identified for the various departments. Unidentified address names to be looked up on the online computer system and sent to the various floors.
- Personalized sorting of mail for some floors.
- Ensure proper costs codes are attached for charge backs and couriers have a ship request attached.
- Move boxes and packages up to 40 lbs each.
- Assist with any ad hoc mailings including outgoing registered mail, return mail.
- Use metering machines to add postage to all outgoing mail using the correct company and cost centre codes.
- Collect sort and prep all inter office branch mail bags.
- Prepare shipping documentation utilizing the automated FedEx system which requires verification of address location, Cost Center information and company account numbers.
- Assist in the end of day close, by moving mail carts (on wheels) weighing up to 300 lbs to the loading dock.
- Must be able to lift boxes weighing up to 40 pounds
- Excellent Matching/Recognition skills with the ability to pay close attention to detail
- Adapt to work fluctuation in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment
- Basic knowledge of Windows as well as any courier computer systems is an asset
- Knowledge of basic mailroom functions and shipping procedures would be an asset
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.