Summary of Role
As a Seasonal Licensed Benefit Advisor you will have the rewarding opportunity to speak with Medicare eligible participants across the country to assist them in selecting insurance plans that meet their needs. You will spend approximately 90% of your day in phone conversations with participants exercising patience and knowledge with caring explanations to enroll them in healthcare insurance products. Our calls are untimed, you get to spend as much time as necessary to really help our participants!
Must be able to attend one of the following training classes:
- June 18
- June 25
- July 9
- July 23
- Use a consultative approach to listen, and assess the retirees insurance needs and appropriate eligibility
- Conduct eligibility and needs analysis to determine suitable plan
- Effectively, and empathetically communicate the costs and benefits of multiple insurance plans over the phone
- Make plan recommendations based on participants individual needs and assist the participant with the decision making process
- Work through scheduled, and inbound calls with patience and an emphasis on service, not call volume
- Work as a team player in a diverse, professional call center environment
- Adhere to all legal regulations
You are excited to return to Individual Marketplace and continue to learn new things. You have strong computer skills, and are self-motivated to always improve. You have patience, and the ability to listen and recognize the needs of participants, even when they are unable to clearly articulate what is important to them. You are able to change your communication style based on the region of the call, the client, and the medical needs of the caller. You overcome objections with knowledge, patience, and understanding, and enjoy meeting new people by phone!
- Must have completed at least one season as a Licensed Benefit Advisor with Individual Marketplace and have been EOA in good standing and not on corrective action
- Must have an active Health and Life license in your state
- Must have sold a minimum of 150 policies in your last season with Individual Marketplace
- Must have a minimum average VOC of 4.4 and a QM of 80%
- After your first day complete required certifications to represent local and national insurance carriers
- Experience using Microsoft Office with a strong ability to juggle multiple open computer windows to answer questions while on the phone
- Ability to learn new proprietary computer systems
- Experience in a sales consulting environment preferred
- Ability to work autonomously in a self-paced, self-motivated team environment
- Ability to communicate professionally and courteously
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret insurance documents, detailed correspondence, procedure manuals, insurance applications, polices, and contracts
- High School Diploma or GED required, College classes a plus
Willis Towers Watson operates in a highly regulated environment; you will be required to complete an extensive background check in order to be licensed as a Benefit Advisor.
Willis Towers Watson maintains a diverse working environment of dedicated associates, in an open call center layout. We utilize the latest in technology, and top of the line computer and telephony systems. We reward our associates with competitive hourly rates, monthly bonuses, team competitions, and raffles. Each year we invite top performing seasonal associates to join our team on a year round basis, or invite them back for the following season.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.