To reduce the risk of exposure and to ensure the safety of our employees during the COVID-19 outbreak, we have closed our office buildings (as of Friday, March 20th) and large majority of our employees are currently working from home; because of the current working conditions, we wanted to make you aware that recruitment for this position will take longer than our normal 6-8 week average.
At Delta Dental, we have a passion for making people smile. And every day, our employees work to make that passion come to life. We have been in existence since 1982 and have been voted Arkansas' Best Places to Work for seven years in a row. We are looking for a member of our team who is passionate about our mission to improve the oral health of Arkansans and ready to make a difference.
We have four core values that we stand by at Delta Dental of Arkansas:
Act with Integrity
Focus on Community
We believe in supporting our employees through a multitude of fantastic benefits:
Competitive pay with bonus opportunities
Excellent insurance package including fully paid dental, short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance
401(k) matching and profit sharing plan
We are currently looking to fill an open System Administrator position that has a focus on VMWare adminstration. In this role, this person would ensure stable operation of the in-house computer network; resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion. In this role, this person would be installing, configuring, and maintaining a scalable and high availability virtual environment utilizing VMware vSphere ESXi 6.5 hypervisor. This person would assist in maintaining server images and configuring Windows and Linux servers as required. We are looking for someone who has extensive experience in VMware adminstration and expertise in VMware virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) adminstration.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Performs regularly scheduled proactive system patching and reactive vulnerability remediation as needed to address known and potential security vulnerabilities.
2. Manages backup infrastructure to ensure system backups are in place and conform to regulatory requirements, organizational policy, and provide the lowest possible recovery point objective.
3. Monitors system resource utilization and system performance 24x7 to ensure all necessary organizational systems maintain a degree of high availability.
4. Responsible for administration and management of SAN storage and Physical/Virtual Servers in a VMware vSphere environment.
5. Responsible for Horizon VDI environment administration to include maintaining master image, AppVolumes, User Environment Manager, desktop pools, and all associated Security/Connection servers.
6. Responsible for Windows Server administration to include System Center Configuration Manager, print server, physical access control, and video surveillance systems.
7. Responsible for domain administration to include managing Active Directory environment, NTFS permissions, and Group Policy.
8. Provide Tier 2 helpdesk support.
9. Participates in asset management by maintaining an accurate and detailed hardware and software inventory, as well as tracking licensing and support.
10. Researches and tests improvement recommendations in existing/new technologies or solutions in the marketplace.
11. Develops and implements technical policies, procedures and other documentation.
Perform other related assigned duties as necessary to complete the Primary Job Responsibilities as described above.
Position requires a 4 year college degree in information technology or related field, 5 years network experience, the ability to write reports, business correspondence and the ability to effectively present information, advanced experience working with programming languages and working with database, spreadsheet and word processing software. Will accept any suitable combination of education, training or experience.