Job Number: 1800009L
Professional & Executive
5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
243550 - Int Med - Nephrology
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree with minimum twelve (12) hours college accounting courses and five (5) years progressively responsible experience in governmental and/or commercial accounting.
Advanced Excel skills highly desired .
- Responsible for monthly review ofinvalid funding and overdraft reports, clearing cost overruns, transferring expenses, and resolving account deficits as needed to prevent last minute crisis management for reporting purposes when closing out awards.
- Process direct retros, change funding as well as approve check requests, IDR's, requisitions, T&E and BuyCard transactions and other online forms. Provides a monthly analysis of budget activity of the Division. Updates Division Administrator weekly on budget activity and account balances. Analyzes accounts at least monthly for discussion in weekly meetings with Administrator; reports any variances on accounts.
- Works closely with DA and Division Chief on the Division's budget, including FY projections.
- Maintains or coordinates the maintenance of grant, MSP and discretionary accounts in the division, including approving expenditures and preparing financial reports as needed. Manages monthly financial reports with PI's for the Division.
- Inactivates vacated positions related to resignations or internal transfers within the PeopleSoft HCM system by running and reviewing the Encumbrance Reports to release previously encumbered funds making them available during critical financial periods.
- Maintains a close and positive relationship with Internal Medicine Finance team, including attendance at IM month meetings for Accountants in addition to monthly Finance meeting Division Administrators, Analysts, Accountants, and Specialists for normal business discussions regarding day to day operations of the Department.
- Maintains internal accounting procedures, clerical operation, and workflow to maximize efficiency.
- Advises management personnel relative to planning and revising budgets to ensure monies are expended correctly and no financial difficulties occur as result of inadequate planning or underestimates of projected expenses.
- Prepares or coordinates preparation of monthly, quarterly, and/or annual financial reports, schedules for such financial reports, and other special reports as required.
- Approves expense vouchers.
- Verifies ledgers for correctness and maintenance of adequate balances and reconciles monthly and annual reports.
- May supervise posting of entries to such ledgers as general, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Examines postings in ledgers and journals for accuracy and compliance with prescribed accounting procedures.
- May determine work priorities for staff of lower level Accountants and/or Accounting Clerks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.