For more than 70 years, Activar Plastic Products Group (APPG) has been satisfying customers' most demanding requirements with durable, precision plastic products. Our companies create customized equipment solutions for manufacturing plants, laboratories and lead the industry in plastic distribution and tight-tolerance machining.
We are currently hiring a Saw Operator at our Bloomington location. This position is responsible for setting up and operating conventional, special purpose and CNC saws. This is a full-time direct hire position with benefits to start. We offer a very stable working environment with consistent hours - Monday through Friday, 7am - 3:30pm. We have a positive team dynamic with a very well respected Warehouse Manager.
SAW OPERATOR PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Read and interpret shop orders/jobs to determine setup, methods, and sequence of operation.
- Select, position, and secure saw blades or fixtures required in cutting process.
- Inspect and measure work to ensure products are within print/job order specification.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, depth, and angle of cut.
- Confer with management or others to resolve machine, saw, or cutting problems.
- Calculate optimum yields of sheet and rod given order quantity.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Conduct himself/herself in a professional manner in accordance with company guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
SAW OPERATOR KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Tenacity in overcoming obstacles while maintaining productive and positive working relationships.
- Ability to execute in a rapidly changing fast paced environment that requires strong team work.
- Understanding of all tools, gages, equipment, and other various instruments used to perform position.
- Basic ability to understand blue prints, schematics, and instrumentation diagrams.
- Skill in performing accurate arithmetic functions involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; using decimals, percentages, fractions, and ratios.
SAW OPERATOR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least one year of experience in a relevant manufacturing setting.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification.
- Previous experience operating a manufacturing saw and/or laser.
- Previous experience operating a forklift.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.50 to $15.50 /hour