Little Lambs Preschool is hiring an assistant teacher at our Gladstone Campus.
3 yr old assistant M-F 7:30-1:45
We are also looking for a Float to work at all three campuses.
Monday-Friday 7:30-1(guaranteed) & 3-5(as needed)
TITLE: Assistant Teacher
REPORTS TO: Lead Teacher/Preschool Director
A: Position Summary
- Responsible for assisting the Lead Teacher in implementing and facilitating lesson plans and daily activities with a focus on social, emotional, physical, intellectual and spiritual growth. The duties and responsibilities will be carried out under the direction of the Lead Teacher/Preschool Director.
B: Responsibilities and Duties
- Attend all training opportunities and staff meetings provided by Little Lambs Preschool
- Follow policies and procedures outlined in the Good Shepherd Staff Handbook and Little Lambs contract
- Be knowledgeable and adhere to state licensing regulations
- Respect confidentiality of Little Lambs families and staff
- Maintain classroom organization
-Set up classroom for morning activities and transitions
-Prepare area for snack time
-Clean tables/floor after snack time, lunch and table activities
- Participate in regular cleaning of materials and classroom spaces
- Assist the teacher in maintaining discipline and supervision
- Assumes the teachers full role in the absence of the teacher and directs the substitute who will act as the assistant teacher during that time.
- Assumes the teacher’s role as needed throughout the day
- Preform other duties as required or assigned
- 18 years of age or older
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience and interest in working with children, parents, coworkers and volunteers
- Success working as a member of a team
- Strong communication skills both orally and written
- Physical Capabilities
- Be able to lift 25-30 lbs.
- Be able to walk, squat/kneel and sit on floor
- Must be able to handle cleanup of bodily fluids
- Medical Examination
- Documentation of Tuberculin free condition
- Abuse/neglect screening
- Criminal record review
- Hours of work and schedule are determined on an annual basis based upon program needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time