Established Industrial Contractor seeks a highly motivated individual to become a main point of contact for planning/scheduling coordination with the Project Team, Owners, and Subcontractors. This individual will be responsible for project planning/scheduling; working closely with the Estimators, Project Managers and Supervisors in initial schedule development and ongoing maintenance. The Lead Scheduler provides expertise in the area of project planning, scheduling, resources loading, scheduling analysis, and earned value management.
The ideal candidate will have a client focus approach and will work well independently and as part of the project team.
- Working with the estimator, project management team and project controls; plan, develop, maintain & analyze construction project schedules using Primavera Project Planner Enterprise (P6). Analyze drawings/specifications and perform mathematical calculations to determine production processes, tools, and human resource requirements
- Participate in the development of a comprehensive project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) that organizes all the project scope into logical and manageable deliverables
- Provide completed ready to execute resource loaded and leveled logic driven schedules that utilize critical path methodology based on work scope from the WBS work packages; incorporates all necessary information, including budgeted dollars, quantities and labor resources, and integrates subcontractor and vendor schedules for the delivery of services, equipment and materials.
- Timely schedule maintenance, collecting progress data, analyzing schedules to determine duration and logic issues, developing project schedule/status reports
- Continuously update and revise the schedule to reflect actual progress, delays, or other impacts; actual starts, finishes and remaining duration's; quantities installed, actual labor hours and associated costs; and drawing, design or delivery revisions
- Develop commodity curves and KPI metrics; provide ongoing forecast, earned value analysis and schedule performance; perform impact analysis for potential delays and changes
- Work with the project management team, managers, and senior schedulers to develop work-around schedules to alleviate forecasted impacts to the critical path activities
- Organize and assist with schedule meeting preparation and participation
- Perform all duties, and work with others in a safe manner, in compliance with appropriate company safety policies and rules. Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of (5) years of relevant construction planning/scheduling experience, preferably within heavy industrial sector (Steel/Power/Gas & Oil Industry)
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field is preferred
- 5+ years of proficiency with P6 scheduling software and knowledge of earned value techniques
- Familiarity with claims prevention and analysis techniques preferred
- Ability to conduct constructability reviews for varying construction method/techniques during design or construction
- Ability to think analytically; demonstrate effective time management skills; ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task in fast pace environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong Interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Travel to project sites, potential extended stay project assignment, and overtime may be required
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Contractor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic or category
Job Type: Full-time
- industrial planning/scheduling: 7 years (Required)