Remote Medical International is actively seeking medical screeners throughout the US. This position has been developed to assist clients with performing on-site medical screening specifically for COVID-19 as a means of prevention of spread within their facilities, vessels, job sites, and large living quarters.
This position has been developed to assist clients with performing on-site medical screening specifically for COVID-19 as a means of prevention of spread within their facilities, vessels, job sites, and large living quarters.
The Site Medical Screener is an unlicensed medical role specifically operating within the protocols established for screening humans for possible infection utilizing individual questionnaires, a brief exam consisting of a tympanic and/or oral temperature, and general appearance according to the protocols.
This position does not require the establishment of medical care and treatment for affirmative responses to the questions or temperature checks as the protocol specifically addresses these issues on a case by case basis, and via telemedicine with a licensed physician.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Administering medical questionnaires directly to Client Staff;
- Personnel entering job sites
- Personnel departing job sites
- Personnel embarking or disembarking from vessels
- Administering and interpreting the temperature of an individual utilizing tympanic and/or oral thermometers according to manufacturer’s instructions and CDC guidance for personal protection.
- Reporting cases of positive and negative responses according to established protocols while remaining cognizant of appropriate reporting requirements (State, Local and Federal) requirements (established per site).
- Communicate findings directly to the Topside physicians as required and listed within each site plan as per protocol
- Don and Doff PPE as required within the protocol for performing medical screening
- Document findings and results of the Medical Screening with the RMI documentation system
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
EMT-B (State or Nationally Registered), or Paramedic, Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical/Vocation Nurse (LPN/LVN), Medical Assistant (MA) from recognized entity
BLS-CPR (American Heart Association or American Red Cross or Equivalent)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- General computer literacy and proficiency required
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to speak/write clearly and directly while effectively communicating with global service providers, clients and clinical providers via phone and email.
- Ability to intake multiple pieces of information from multiple sources, prioritize and summarize in a clear, concise and accurate manner to all appropriate stakeholders.
- Prioritize and coordinate multiple events simultaneously.
- Ability to balance result with other business considerations.
- Ethical understanding of patient processes, confidentiality and personal health information (PHI) data management.
- Remain compliant with company HIPAA annual training.
All conditions, skills and abilities listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires working outdoors and indoors, and wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for long periods of time.
This position consists of shift work. Typical shifts are 12 hours per day, a mixture of day shifts, and night shifts as required by the client site.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)