Full Job Description
The focus of the role is to be a strategic partner to the Product Owner(s) to help define the strategic Product vision, identify talent across the organization and the organizational design of the team. The role is responsible for driving continuous optimization across the Enterprise/LOB. They work to increase the effectiveness of agile ways of working in the organization through coaching, influencing and participating in Community of Practice activities.
Description / Primary Responsibilities:
- Participates and sets strategic direction for the Organizational Change Management (OCM) such as: Organizational Design/Operational principles
- Champions and coaches the benefits of working in an agile manner to all employees and all levels of Sr. Leadership within span of influence
- Mentors and Coaches Scrum Masters across Enterprise/LOB
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement across Enterprise/LOB to reduce waste, drive efficiencies and improve the overall effectiveness of agile
- Builds productive relationships amongst Development Team(s) and follows through on commitments to gain trust and respect
- Engages with the Development teams, Scrum Masters, Product Team and Product Owners to coach agile practices and the events/techniques required for continuous improvement by the teams in an Agile product development organization
- Drive Organizational Change Management (OCM)
- Lead the large Product Group / Enterprise transformation; define strategy
- Coach the Product Owner(s) on strategic Product vision, org design and talent
- Enables and ensures clear communication to help the overall Organization
- Ensure continued support and commitment from Organizational leaders
- Identify Learning journey based on organizational needs for agile ways of working
- Assist Enterprise/LOB with resolving Impediments; collaborate with Scrum Master(s) to facilitate the removal of Organizational impediments
- Define OKRs to measure Transformation success
- Helping team(s) to celebrate smart failure and learn new ways to improve
- Applies self-organization skills to facilitate cross-functional collaboration, effective communication, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Working with other Scrum Masters (via. Community of Practices) to increase the effectiveness of agile ways of working in the organization
- Expertise in Organizational design, Change management and can work across the Enterprise/LOB
- Demonstrated ability to acts as Scrum Master and influence policy for up to 3 teams and facilitate appropriate scrum events.
- Ability to flex approach based on the needs of the team/organization
- Ability to collaborate and influence across the organization to drive consensus and decision making
- Uses empathy; understand team dynamics and organizational boundaries / constraints
- Ability to use and analyze data/organizational metrics to foster team’s continuous improvement.
- Solid and proven understanding of various other Agile frameworks such as Kanban & XP
- Train & Coach the application of Scrum/Agile principles & practices in Product Group(s)
- In-depth proficiency in facilitation, coaching and mentoring teams in a variety of settings
- In-depth experience in leading Design Thinking/Customer Journey mapping exercise
- Understanding of applying Scrum/Agile principles & practices in Product development and delivery organization
- Solid and proven understanding of scaling framework
- Possess the business acumen required to ensure that goals, scope, and product domain knowledge is shared and understood by everyone on the team as well as possible
- Technical knowledge of preferred programming practices (CI/CD, ATDD, Continuous Testing, etc) in order to lead the team towards the right solutions and improvements.
- Familiar with common development design patterns or technologies such as Service oriented environments, Microservices, APIs, etc
- Knowledge of transformation strategic direction
- Knowledge of business functions/ business' strategic direction
- Working knowledge of customer-centered techniques including user research, UX and UI trends, design thinking, lean startup, customer journey and user story mapping.
- Working knowledge of end to end product concepts including brand management, marketing, prospecting, account opening, enrollment, fulfillment, and servicing.
- Working knowledge of end to end product development concepts including risk, audit, controls, legal/compliance
- 5+ years of Business and/or Technology leadership and practical delivery experience
- 4+ years of experience in leading Agile Transformation
- In-depth understanding and expertise in Stakeholder management across Enterprise/LOB; experience leading Organizational Change Management (OCM)
- 3-5 years of experience as Scrum Master in an Agile development desired
- Experience coaching large teams and senior leaders
- Experience facilitating organizational design and removal of impediments
Columbus, OH US
Potential Referral Amount:
US Dollar (USD)