The position typically reports to the Residential Lighting Division Manager.
- Greet walk-in customer to acknowledge presence and help as expediently aspossible.
- Handle phone-in customers with pleasant telephone etiquette and courtesy.
- Assist customer with appropriate product selection and takes sales order.
- Maintain showroom displays – clean and update as required.
- Pickup items from warehouse inventory and bring to customer at counter or will/callarea.
- Prepare cash or charge sales ticket and apply appropriate customer pricing
- Collect customer payment or completes charge authorization.
- Load customer materials into vehicle when required.
- Handle difficult situations with customers and others at work with diplomacy.
- Keep showroom area clean, organized and stocked with inventory.
- Have strong product knowledge to promote and upsell products.
- Complete product and customer service training.
- Process customer returns.
- Log inventory and transactions and reconciliation activities.
- Perform departmental work instructions as instructed.
- Adjust work to meet lighting showroom demands as dictated by work flow.
- Notify Manager of inventory problems and issues with recommendations ofsolutions.
- Represents the company well by acting in a professional manner.
- Keeps the Company’s best interest in mind while performing job.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor/manager.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming phones as needed.
- Attend sales meetings, product and sales training, as requested by manager,company, or vendor.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed by manager
- Prompt arrival and regular attendance.
- Cooperates with co-workers, vendors and manufacturers in a professional andcourteous manager to maintain a positive work environment.
1. Ability to effectively communicate information and present ideas and solutions to
2. Knowledge of new products and trends in the electrical and lighting industry.
3. Strong negotiation, organizational, communication, presentation, interpersonal, problem solving, and time management skills.
4. Handles difficult situations with customers and others at work with diplomacy.
5. Maintains confidentiality of proprietary and sensitive business information.
6. Skilled in use of current version of MS Office products (Outlook, Excel and Word).
Required Education and Experience:
Associate Degree from an accredited two year college or equivalent years of experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Compensation and Benefits Package:
Dulles offers competitive salary with quarterly bonus - negotiable based on experience. Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability, paid vacation and 401k retirement plan.