At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we’re always looking for new talent—individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager
for our San Diego County District office located in San Diego, California.
•Lead proposal / major pursuit efforts with estimating and marketing in securing new work and pursue new clients/projects
•Serve as client manager, building strong client relationships and overall client satisfaction
•Provide proactive leadership for project performance, monitoring of schedule, costs, equipment, manpower, materials, equipment maintenance, safety and environment, quality control, and other company programs
•Maintain excellent relationship with owner, architect, consultants, subcontractors, and public
•Liase with authorities and regulatory agencies
•Establish project reporting procedure
•Develop and monitor the project schedule and budget
•Establish construction plans and engineering methods
•Negotiate issues of subcontracts and major purchase orders
•Assist in all aspects of project planning
•Ensure project safety standards and environmental programs are adhered to at all times
•Ensure project quality standards are adhered to at all times
•Understand and enforce contractual responsibilities, contract documents and provide dispute resolution
•Handle all change orders, including negotiating, processing and assessing cost and schedule impacts
•Prepare/verify and monitor progress billings to owner and from subcontractor
•Review productivity planning and monitoring
•Provide performance status reports regarding cost forecasts, schedule, quality, and safety
•Supervise, mentor, coach, and train project personnel
•Acts as company ambassador, attending industry and community functions
•Ensure project profitability
•Engage in all facets of project close-out
•Other duties as appropriately assigned
- 15+ years of proven experience in project management from project pursuit to project close-out, overseeing large and complex commercial construction projects.
- Degree in construction management or engineering
- Knowledge of different construction methods, sequencing, problem solving and timelines
- Familiar with project management software programs
- Knowledge of relevant construction law and building codes
- Ability to understand and employ engineering/construction plans/specifications, methods and procedures
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with many different people, including owners, other managers, designers, supervisors, and trades people
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to solve problems related to construction, sequencing and staffing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Employment with PCL is contingent upon passing a substance abuse test
- PCL will not sponsor an employment visa for this position
- Work may be required outside normal business hours and on weekends
- Must be able to walk, stand, lift, climb, pull and navigate through a construction site and work in an office environment
- Occasional travel may be required
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy
PCL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.