This position is contingent upon task order award.
Program Management Subject Matter Expert
Secret Level or Top Secret/SCI
- Provide advanced, highly technical Program Management Support services for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) to improve the organization's performance in achieving an infrastructure environment that is reliable, scalable, flexible, maintainable, accessible and secure.
- Assist implementing program management processes, including, but not limited to project management, portfolio management, process management, business process reengineering, requirements development, performance management, risk management, contract management, problem management, root cause analysis, gap analysis, acquisition support and financial analysis of IT system management, enterprise architecture, systems engineering, industrial engineering, change management, business transformation, infrastructure analysis, system implementation, quality assurance, asset management and policy compliance to improve service delivery, enhance performance, reduce downtime, decrease potential risks, implement cost savings and achieve cost avoidances.
- Assist implementing Program Management solutions and best practices, applying knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to meet program requirements.
- Assist in streamlining the Portfolio Review process. Historically, OCIO large projects are defined as projects ranging from 18 to 60 weeks from project inception to completion. Medium projects are defined as projects ranging from 15 to 18 weeks from project inception to completion. Small projects are defined as projects ranging from 2 to 15 weeks from project inception to completion.
- Assist implementing Project Management Institute (PMI) methodologies researching, analyzing, defining, monitoring, evaluating, forecasting and assessing the organizational mission, vision, values, history, program plans, internal business operations, changing elements, goals, priorities, cost, schedule, issues, risks, contracts, operational objectives and management direction to develop requirements, implement program planning, performance monitoring, gap analysis, risk analysis, deviation analysis, quality control tools and operating procedures maximizing the operational efficiency of the organization.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Secret Level or Top Secret/SCI
- BS/BA Degree
- PMP Certification
- Min yrs relevant experience:
- 8 yrs for Senior level
- 5 yrs for mid level
- 2 yrs for Junior level
- Desired: Current DHS Suitability clearance
Compass, Inc. (Compass) is a Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Herndon, VA as a Defense and Intelligence solutions provider to the United States Government. We provide Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA), Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS), and Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) to our government and business partner customers. As a premier Defense and Intelligence solution provider, we employee a diverse, agile, highly trained and extremely talented staff.
Compass, Inc. is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (M/F/D)