Purpose of Position:
We are looking for talented and friendly Dining Service Hospitality Manager to provide service excellence to our Members. We know it’s our associates at Parkway Place – and their passion – that set us apart as a caring, giving place to enjoy to work. We are looking to add smiling faces to make sure our Members are enjoying dining experience at Parkway Place.
Supervise all dining service activities in the independent living dining room, private dining rooms, common areas, auditorium, and room service to ensure consistent and excellent services are provided to residents while maintaining the standards of Buckner and all regulatory agencies which affect the facility. Oversee the service of resident meals to ensure consistent quality and resident satisfaction. Maintain and ensure compliance with Parkway Place hospitality and service standards.
Some descriptions may have more specific duties and/or goals and objectives attached to this form. Such attachments normally reflect unique aspects of specific locations, shifts, departments, etc.
POSITION EXPERIENCE and ABILITIES:
- Assist the Director in planning, organizing, scheduling and coordinating all activities in the community’s independent living dining areas.
- Manage the daily operations of the Parkway Place assigned dining areas to meet or exceed Buckner and Parkway Place hospitality and service standards.
- Meet, greet, and seat all residents and guests in the dining room and assist them with any requests and/or suggestions.
- Manage the traffic flow in the dining areas and balance serving responsibilities among food servers. Monitor dining room service to ensure prompt and courteous dining service.
- Ensure proper table setting services in accordance with established guidelines; assist with the setting and resetting of tables in the dining areas as required.
- Assist with securing beverages and other services and bussing functions as necessary.
- Assist the Director in developing and ensuring quality and hospitality standards for the service of meals to residents; perform quality control audits regularly.
- Regularly evaluate food service in assigned dining areas; identify any positive and/or negative trends in food delivery and effectively communicate them to the Director. Make written and/or oral reports/recommendations concerning the operation of the dining room(s). Implement approved recommendations to provide the highest quality services to residents.
- Maintain an inspection program to ensure that all dining areas meet or exceed Parkway Place sanitation guidelines.
- Accurately maintain data entry into the dining services point of sale (POS) system, including, but not limited to, resident data entry, menu changes, and order entry and retrieval. Ensure staff are trained and are properly using the POS system.
- Assist to schedule department work hours, personnel work assignments, etc. in accordance with budgetary guidelines. Make daily rounds to ensure that dining room personnel are performing required duties and to ensure that appropriate procedures are being rendered to meet the needs of the facility.
- Manage the ongoing on-the-job training program to ensure that all employees are properly trained and perform their duties in accordance with Parkway Place hospitality and service standards. Ensure that dining staff understand the mission and vision of Buckner and understand the needs and desires of the resident population they serve.
- Oversee the delivery of meals to residents to ensure that meals are delivered accurately, efficiently, and timely.
- Supervise all service procedures, service timing, and pick-up procedures in the dining areas; establish and manage clearing procedures in all dining areas for china, glassware and tableware to minimize breakage and food waste.
- Assist Director to source, hire, supervise, monitor, evaluate and provide direction to direct reports. Provide professional growth and development; develop and communicate goals and objectives. Monitor and provide constructive feedback; conduct annual performance evaluation.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance of all safety rules and regulations; promote accident prevention awareness, programs, meetings, and goals among dining staff. Ensure compliance with all safety and loss prevention procedures; adhere to universal precautions and all infection control guidelines.
- Assist, guide and support supervisors with employee selection, review, evaluation and terminations.
- Ensure that all dining room employees meet or exceed Buckner and Parkway Place standards of appearance, hygiene, and health; monitor sanitation of department.
- Plan and facilitate in-service training for designated staff as required by state regulations and Buckner policy and procedure. Conduct staff meetings regularly; attend and participate in staff meetings and training as required.
- Assist Director and Assistant Director as requested with planning and implementation of other events, including, but not limited to, private dinners, hosting marketing groups, staging holiday banquets, and other functions. Work closely with other department staff, including, but not limited to, marketing, concierge services, and life enrichment staff to assist with staging and implementation of activities and events.
- Develop emerging leadership through professional growth and development.
- Detect correct and report situations that have a possibility of causing accidents or injuries to residents or others
- Work successfully as a part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Travel as needed to monitor, assess and help develop programs.
- Perform general office tasks as required.
- Perform special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
These requirements represent minimum levels in order to perform the job on a satisfactory basis. Candidates must have the ability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires in-depth understanding of a comprehensive field of knowledge normally associated with the attainment of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Minimum 2 years prior related experience in institutional food service required; prior related experience in long term care preferred. Prior related managerial experience preferred.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English; bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Requires proficient working knowledge of all phases of food service. Requires proficient working knowledge of compliance requirements for federal and state laws, regulations and programs related to food service in a long-term care facility.
- Requires proficient working knowledge of the principles of food service standards, hospitality, cleanliness, and sanitation requirements.
- Requires ability to speak clearly and make self understood effectively in fact to face interactions; articulate with accuracy to speak on the phone.
- Requires ability to hear and receive verbal instructions, answer phones, communicate with people in situations with some background noise.
- Requires ability to meet or exceed hospitality and service standards.
- Requires ability to work under minimal supervision while exercising excellent professional judgment and initiative.
- Requires ability to understand and follow basic oral and written step-by-step instructions.
- Requires the personality attuned to meeting the needs of the client and the ability to establish and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships with direct reports, co-workers, and the public.
- Requires ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings.
- Requires ability to effectively manage personnel; requires administrative skills to include but not limited to staff selection, development, motivation, scheduling, and evaluation.
- Requires ability to work efficiently in a fast paced service environment; ability to multi-task under pressure and maintain excellence in customer service in all situations, including, but not limited to, periods of high numbers of dining attendees, low complements of staffing, unexpected food delays from kitchen, unplanned menu changes, and other situations common to food service delivery.
- Requires ability to travel to various geographic locations and some overnight stays.
- Requires ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under Buckner’s insurance policy. Must be age 21 or older to drive on behalf of Buckner.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Requires proficient ability to exhibit detail-oriented skills necessary to understand and manage a wide-range of information.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications required.
- Requires commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Requires ability to use up to 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 pounds continuously to move objects.
- Requires ability to walk, stand, stoop, reach, lift, grasp, push, pull, bend and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties.
Parkway Place is a place to work in an atmosphere of warmth. It’s a place where you can inspire happiness in the lives of seniors. But most of all, it’s a place you can genuinely call your extended family.
Five-Star Service at Parkway Place:
The Five-Star Person:
- Ensuring that all members have an exceptional dining experience and feel welcome.
- Showing your menu knowledge when taking orders.
- Taking initiative by responding sincerely and promptly to Member’s request, and anticipating their needs.
- Learning members names and using them when you can.
- Providing exemplary service to include delivering food order, refilling beverages, and clearing tables.
- Offering support to other associates by helping setup the dining room, clearing and putting away dishes.
- Completing side-work and setting other associates up for success.
- Helping out when asked.
- Have a friendly attitude and a servant’s heart.
- Your friendly attitude and willingness to learn is more important than your server experience.
- Health Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- FSA/HSA Account
- 403B Retirement Savings Account
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- PTO/Floating Holiday Program
- Free Meal