The Electro-Mechanical Technician is a full-time position that is responsible for preventative, predictive and routine maintenance tasks. Electro-Mechanic Technicians troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facilities equipment, and ensure maximum equipment efficiency, effectiveness and reliability. Electro-Mechanic Technicians with 3 phase 480V electrical experience, controls ladder logic trouble-shooting knowledge and experience with preventive maintenance programs is a MUST/DESIRED.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
· Minimum of two year experience in repair and maintenance of electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic equipment i.e.: control panels, PLC's, lift systems, conveyor shaft, motor and bearing replacement, etc.
· Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary
· Prior experience with Allen Bradley Control Logix Processors and RSLogix 5000. Understanding of control system design and network communication interfaces is desired.
· Work directly with production associates and management to problem-solve and correct production issues that will ensure maximum production efficiencies.
· Observes mechanical devices in operation to locate causes of trouble.
· Technical knowledge in DCS/PLC control systems, high voltage equipment, PLC applications, line drives, process instrumentation, data acquisition, etc.
· Actively assist with planning/scheduling and storeroom staff for CMMS tracking: work orders, parts, purchase requisitions
· Fabricate, disassemble and assemble production equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts
· Investigates electrical and instrument equipment failures and develops action plans to eliminate repetitive failures.
· Ability to work multiple tasks under pressure while maintaining professional demeanor with customers and co-workers
· Using the SAP Work Order system -Initiates purchase order for parts and machines and creates and documents hours worked on applicable work orders.
· Performs preventative maintenance on all equipment and troubleshoot/repair processing, filling and packaging production equipment.
· Read and interpret blueprints and equipment manuals.
· This person has the responsibility to operate under the Kraft Heinz Safety Values.
· Adhere to all safety and environmental policies, procedures and compliance programs.
· Work toward achieving an injury free environment.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) along with Millwright certification or proof of completion of Millwright apprenticeship and 3-5 years as a maintenance mechanic.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27.00 /hour