- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business or Finance.
- Master’s Degree highly preferred.
- Indian Health Service experience preferred.
- At least 4 years of supervisory experience required including staff assessment and coaching.
- Possess computer and software knowledge; must have MS office experience and Health Billing Experience.
- Possess strong oral presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and observe all requirements of the Federal Privacy Act and HIPAA regulations.
- Must have 4 years of demonstrated experience in budget preparation, oversight and reporting.
- Must have demonstrated Medicare and Medicaid billing experience along with ICD 9 & 10 and CPT experience in compliance with CMS regulations.
- Must pass background check.
- Must pass pre-employment drug test and random drug testing.
- Must have valid WI driver’s license and insurance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and file financial information so that outside agencies can review, manage, and audit data accordingly.
- Prepare or direct preparation of budgets, financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Supply all departments with monthly operating statements and provide guidance in the use of financial management procedures.
- Hold regular meetings with all Directors to review and develop fiscal management.
- Assist employees performing financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, and budgeting duties.
- Delegate authority for the receipt, disbursement, banking, protection, and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments to ensure separation of duties.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards. Also monitor
(weekly/monthly) the collection of insurance and demographics.
- Submit monthly report of all cost centers.
- Conduct or coordinate audits and/or monthly monitors of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes.
- Receive, record, and authorize requests for disbursements in accordance with company policies and procedures only as funds permit.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of accounting and other financial staff, recommending and implementing personnel actions, such as promotions, corrective actions and dismissals.
- Works closely with the Health Information Manager and Coder to ensure proper documentation and coding maximizes care and 3rd party billing capabilities.
- Reporting of Adverse Incidents.
- Supervises all billing staff in every Health Center Department to ensure standards are maintained for collection of patient billing information.
- Participate in “Incident Command” as directed by management.
- All other duties assigned by the Health Director.
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 4 years (Required)