Serves law clients by supporting partners and staff attorneys; planning and developing cases; researching case law; preparing and managing cases; helping clients.
* Plans case development by studying client information; conferring with partners and staff attorneys.
* Researches law by determining research approaches; studying laws, statutes, constitutions, regulations, court opinions, including precedents and reasoning, and trends using standard print texts and computers.
* Develops case strategy by predicting how law applies to client's situation; identifying and evaluating legal options; preparing briefs and memoranda, including legal issues raised by the client's situation, legal rules governing the situation, and how the rules apply to the situation; providing explanations of legal strategies and potential actions; obtaining approval for a course of action.
* Prepares cases by gathering evidence; attending depositions, court hearing, conference calls, and client meetings; reviewing investigative findings; consulting with experts; engaging expert witnesses; preparing and interviewing witnesses; completing discovery process; developing arguments and testimony; completing filings. motions, and submissions; supervising paralegals.
* Manages cases by monitoring schedules; expediting requirements; obtaining and forwarding information.
* Supports attorneys at trials and hearings by organizing evidence and exhibits; taking notes; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses arrive as scheduled.
* Helps clients by initiating and maintaining contact; preparing clients to answer discovery; keeping clients informed of case status.
* Obtains and retains clients by following-up on referrals.
* Maintains cost standards by monitoring expenses; recommending cost-saving opportunities.
* Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
JD and Bar passage in Ohio. Those taking the February 2023 Bar exam welcome to apply.
Client Confidentiality, Research Skills, Written Communication, Legal Compliance, Presentation Skills, Analyzing Information , Client Contact Skills, Interpreting New Laws, Legal Administration Skills, Verbal Communication
Compensation and Benefits:
Pay based on experience.
Plus Overtime, time and a half over 40 hours per week.
Paid Time Off.
Cell phone and expense reimbursement.
Retirement plan (has a vesting period).
Bonuses: Annual bonus based on firm performance. Bonuses for individual performance. Bonuses for new clients brought to the firm.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year depending on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: One location