About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com.
Risk Management works as a partner with the businesses across all the Risk Management disciplines and is divided into several departments, focused on a particular kind of risk. Please check out this video to learn more about what it is like to be a Risk Management intern at TD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QaDi6f5Bwc&list=PL4S7HxVKJzeZGCLsGGoWBKxb08U9hMorj&index=4
Risk Management offers internship opportunities in the following groups:
- Operational Risk Management is the risk of loss resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes or systems or human activities or external events. ORM works in partnership with the business units and corporate groups of TD Bank to further the management of operational risks across the Company.
- Credit Risk Management consists of Commercial Credit, Retail Credit, Credit Executive Support, Credit Risk Analytics & Reporting and Workout. These units provide support to TD Bank’s lending business lines and in the aggregate are responsible for the identification, measurement, control, and monitoring of commercial and retail credit risk.
- Loan Review provides independent and objective risk-based assessments of the level and direction of credit risk and the quality of credit management practices. Using fact-based, data-driven, and innovative practices blended with the expertise of a team of credit professionals, Loan Review provides comprehensive perspectives on credit quality and existing or emerging risks or weaknesses, and makes value add recommendations to foster positive change.
- Enterprise Risk Management is responsible for enhancing organizational capability in managing risk on a more integrated and comprehensive basis to enable TD Bank to optimize performance within our Risk Appetite.
TD Summer Internship Experience
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank®, offers a Summer Internship Program with an unparalleled experience – where you’ll gain valuable insight into our vision to Build The Better Bank, while also strengthening the core skills and knowledge you’ll need to launch a successful career.
Our 10-week, the non-rotational program consists of:
- A fun-filled, high-energy introduction to TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank®
- A variety of professional experiences and development training
- Extensive networking opportunities and interactions with senior leaders
- A dedicated support network, including a formal peer-mentoring program
- An active role in community service projects
- Opportunity to join TD's Analyst Program upon graduation and participate in our year-long Action Learning Project
- Currently in Junior year of college - Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, etc.
- 3.2 cumulative GPA or higher
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to think independently and work collaboratively
- Must have US Citizenship or Permanent Residency status