What You Will Do
Our Sales Engineering (BEST) Program is an 18 month service/technical sales development program that focus on creating market share by strategic selling Johnson Controls’ HVAC products and services to commercial customers.
In this program you will have a chance to apply your technical engineering knowledge and business acumen to work with customers to better understanding their product and project needs by being the subject matter expert. As part of the program, you will participate in an 18 month training and development program combining classroom, field orientation, and on the job training. You will learn our offerings, customer relationship techniques and leadership skills in preparation for supporting customers in your territory alongside the sales team. You will be prepared to consult with architects, engineers, and building owners on product selections; partner with and learn from internal experts and deliver on business goals. You will be a critical part of a local sales team and a national network of sales professionals.
How You Will Do It
- Estimate job bids and prepare proposals with contractors, architects and building owners
- Coordinate with vendors and sub-contractors
- Complete sales calls to generate new business and build on existing relationships
- Present solutions to customers for consideration
- Collect and analyze market intelligence
- Turn projects over to operations team for execution and installations
What We Look For
- Currently pursuing (at a minimum) a bachelor’s degree and graduating in spring of 2018 or Fall 2018 Preferred majors: Engineering
- Strong analytical ability to solve programs and ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and cross-functional teams with minimum guidance.
- Strong communication and team work skills
- Previous sales or engineering experiences through co-ops, internships, part-time or full time jobs (preferred)
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou
About JCI Early Career opportunities
During your assignment with JCI, you may have a variety of developmental opportunities in addition to your work assignments, such as, roundtable discussions with senior leaders to skill-building workshops, networking events, and community activities. No matter what your assignment, you will be presented with exceptional opportunities that help you explore diverse career paths! For more information on our company, a list of other career opportunities, or to create a profile you can visit us at http://on.jci.com/EarlyCareer
#BEST #IL # CALCITY # CALUMETCITY
Job Sales & Marketing
Primary LocationUS-IL-Calumet City
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions