- High School Diploma or GED
- CPT Coding
- Medical Office Experience
- Certified Medical Assistant
- BLS Certification
Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale, Florida is a full-service, non-profit Catholic hospital, operating in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy and a part of Trinity Health. As a part of Trinity Health, with 89,000 colleagues and more than 20,000 physicians / clinicians, we are united to serve our communities and advance our mission: ""to serve in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming, healing presence within our communities"" and our vision ""to be the trusted health partner for life."" This is a FT position on day shift with benefits. Please visit our Career Center Home Page for more about our benefits. This position is physically located in the Health Plex Women's Center Internal Medicine office.
Registers/inputs patient demographics, Schedules/reschedules appointments as required, via PM (Practice Management) Scheduling System.
Interviews patients/guarantors; Ensures smooth patient flow throughout the day. Answers phone calls in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
Demonstrates reliability in accepting and fulfilling various roles in the overall staffing plan.
Renders consistent professional care to all patients.
Assists physician/conducts treatments/procedures.
Maintains all equipment in proper working and observes safe and accurate use of all medical devices.
Administers injections as requested by Physician.
Performs Waived Laboratory / Moderate Complexity tests following guidelines established CLIA.
- Grade of 80% or higher on Basic Medical Assistant test required
- Minimum of 1 year experience in medical office setting preferred
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD10 codes and health care insurance preferred
- Ability to calm patients by being supportive is necessary
- Good interpersonal skills for effective communication are necessary
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program required
- National Registered or Certified Medical Assistant required
- Current BLS from American Heart Association certification required