Marv Coit Inc is a 3rd generation family farm that currently farms ~3,200 acres of Almonds, Pistachios, Tomatoes, Cotton, and garlic. We have recently expanded and are looking to add a key player to our operation. The president is seeking help with the gamut of office responsibilities that modern day farming entails. This person will work in an office aside the president and the administrative assistant. This person will play an integral role and will have a great amount of responsibility. We invite those who are highly motivated, trustworthy, independent, analytical, organized, eager to learn, and passionate about their work for this job.
- Manage Accounting Software (currently using Quickbooks).
- Provide a multitude of financial reports to President as requested.
- Invoicing for customers.
- Work to improve accounting processes to more accurately achieve president’s desired insights.
- Costs/Return on Investment Analysis’ (New purchases, equipment operations, irrigation related, crop types, etc.).
- Creating and maintaining detailed budgets for fields/crops.
- Banking Transactions.
- Payroll Management.
- Human Resources (Hiring, Termination, Workers Comp, Taxes, Benefits, withholdings, farm worker compliance, Etc.).
- DMV/DOT compliance for all equipment and employees.
- Department of Pesticide Regulations Compliance.
- Cal OSHA Compliance (IIPP, Heat Illness prevention program, etc).
- Crop Marketing spreadsheets to assist president in making management decision.
- Irrigation accounts/usage Spreadsheets to assist president in making management decisions.
- Create and keep field maps as needed.
- Crop Yield Data analysis.
- Seek Subsidy/incentive programs and Execute (NRCS, FSA, PG&E, Etc) .
- Chemical/Pesticide Spreadsheets showing pricing and usage.
- Paper/Digital Record Keeping.
- Maintain office supplies.
Skills and Specifications:
Job Type- Full Time
Hours- 8:30am-4:30pm Monday - Friday
Salary- TBD based on competency
Education- Bachelor’s (required)
In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Marv Coit Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time