Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
Manages the inbound or outbound departments of the distribution center in accordance with company policies and procedures.
1. Responsible for the interviewing, hiring and supervision of DC Supervisors. Provides training, sets performance goals and provides evaluative feedback to all direct reports.
2. Plans and organizes work assignments. Monitors and controls departmental expenses including overtime to meet or exceed financial plan.
3. Prepares and conducts performance appraisals for DC Supervisors.
4. Initiates, conducts and seeks appropriate approvals involving disciplinary action up to and including terminations of all D&TS associates within assigned area.
5. Prepares and analyzes a variety of reports to ensure proper management of the department.
6. Maintains Pay for Performance (POWER) incentive program conditions. Notifies Engineers when conditions change.
7. Manages departmental communications with other Operations Departments to ensure coordination of efforts.
8. Ensures department-level compliance with key company standards of safety, facility maintenance, and postings/notifications.
9. Takes proactive role in establishing and carrying out shrinkage control disciplines and programs and accepts high level of responsibility for distribution center's shrinkage performance.
10. Assumes all managerial responsibilities concerning Human Resources policies and wage administration including KRONOS payroll processing.
11. Uses discretion and independent judgment while maintaining the integrity of our Mission, Vision and Values statement in making all business decisions.
1. Three years previous managerial experience within a Distribution Center strongly preferred.
2. Thorough knowledge of supply chain management required.
3. Demonstrated leadership ability required.
4. Previous Warehouse Management System (WMS) and PC knowledge and ability required.
5. Previous experience leading Supervisor equivalent positions preferred.
6. Strong oral and written communication, analytical, organizational and time management skills required.
7. Ability to perform physical activity at a sustained pace including walking, bending and lifting within a Distribution Center environment required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $63,750.00 to $103,270.00 /year