Under the general guidance of the Department Manager and with the assistance of other production supervisors, the Production Supervisor serves as the first line of supervision within a manufacturing environment. The incumbent will supervise the work activities and assigned employees in any combination of the manufacturing, filling, inspection, packaging, assembly, storing or handling of in-process products.
- Ensures that the product generated by, stored in and shipped from area of responsibility meets quality and quantity standards.
- Anticipates and reacts to shortages of material, equipment, personnel and space to meet schedule. Recommends actions such as hiring, transfers, promotions, discharges, assignments, discipline, and compensation changes for assigned employees.
- Understands the profit aspects of the department and meets or exceeds the budgetary objectives in relation to labor, waste, indirect labor and expenses.
- Coordinates through the Training Department a level of training and instruction to ensure employees operate efficiently and within the appropriate procedures and specification.
- Aids in the establishment of safety rules and instructions in the proper use of safety equipment.
- Experience in an FDA regulated industry is preferred.
- Position requires excellent leadership, documentation and multi-tasking skills.
- Previous Lean Six-Sigma experience preferred.
- Experience in pharmaceutical Aseptic, Sterile filling, Solutions, or Finishing operations a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3+ years of experience
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job:
Additional Location Information:
Rocky Mount, NC
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.