Digital Engineer(Job Number:
The Digital Engineer is responsible for delivering new customer interactions including launching mobile and internet solutions that deliver contextual experiences to the customer. Play a lead role in expanding the digital technology expertise, providing technical leadership for developing critical components of digital customer experiences.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Design and develop digital software and solutions, contributing leadership to customization, extension, and integration decisions with key partners and platform providers;
- Play a key role advising architecture, design and development decisions around the creation of enterprise services, applications, and APIs;
- Deliver rapid, scalable, and quality solutions that meet the business needs, unit test code and create automated test scripts;
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and platforms;
- Work closely with other engineers and vendor partners to ensure development meets business needs;
- Follow industry standard agile software design methodologies. Research related digital products and make necessary software recommendations; Develop detailed system design and programming specifications;
- Maintain and evolve existing digital assets and systems;
- Introduce and evolve existing processes and methods required for maturing TCF’s digital development, implementation, and operation of our key platforms;
- Play a key technical role in all phases of Digital projects (Strategy, Design, Engineering, Delivery, and Operation);
- Defines the system landscape, identify gaps between the current and desired end-states, and delivers solutions;
- Recommends alternate choices, trade-offs, and impact analysis;
- Liaises with external providers to resolve any issues in the functionality and interoperability of new hosted applications, SAAS-based infrastructure, and other services with existing IT systems.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience in developing responsive web applications;
- Experience with web server technologies such as IIS or Node.js;
- 3 - 5 years’ experience implementing dynamic, high performing, and scalable web based solutions;
- Strong understanding of SOLID, and Service-Oriented software design patterns. Understanding Test Driven Development is a strong plus;
- Experience building secure web applications;
- Eye towards high quality user-design experience and data visualization;
- Experience with cloud deployments (Azure, Rackspace, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.);
- Experience with various SSO technologies including SAML, OAuth, and SS;
- Experience with CI/CD tools including: Jenkins, TeamCity, Chef, GitHub, Splunk, Octopus Deploy;
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work directly with vendors, other developers, and business partners.
- Experience with Sitecore 8+, Solr/Azure;
- Experience using Search/Lucene for search;
- Experience with wireframe prototyping tools such as Axure, Sketchflow or Balsamiq, and equivalents;
- Financial Services industry experience.
Build your career with TCF
You have room to grow at TCF. We promote from within whenever possible. You can expand your career in the financial services industry through our network of operations: retail and commercial banking, inventory and equipment financing, and corporate services.
Established in 1923, TCF has maintained a strong foundation. TCF has over 340 branches in Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Colorado, Wisconsin, Indiana, Arizona and South Dakota, providing retail and commercial banking services. TCF also conducts commercial leasing, indirect auto finance, and equipment finance business in all 50 states, and commercial inventory finance business in all 50 states and Canada.
Build a better community with TCF
We are helping make life better in the communities we serve, and we encourage our team members to do so as well. We offer free financial education for teens and adults. Our foundation contributes more than $3 million annually, with preference for organizations where our team members volunteer. We match team members’ contributions to qualified organizations and we match volunteers with organizations that need the time and talents our team members can provide.
TCF encourages open employee communications and promotes from within whenever possible. We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for career advancement. For more details on our benefits, click on the Employee Benefits link on our career page.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. TCF is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
USA-Minnesota-Plymouth-Us-Mn-Plymouth- 1405 Xenium Lane N
Us-Mn-Plymouth- 1405 Xenium Lane N 55441