#Location - Bridgewater, NJ
At iconectiv, we envision a world without boundaries, where the ability to access and exchange information is simple, secure and seamless. As the authoritative partner of the communications industry for more than 30 years, our market-leading solutions enable the interconnection of networks, devices, and applications for more than one billion people every day. Working closely with private, government and non-governmental organizations, iconectiv has intimate knowledge of the intricacies and complexities of creating, operating, and securing the telecommunications infrastructure for service providers, regulators, enterprises and content providers. iconectiv provides network and operations management, numbering, registry, fraud and revenue assurance and messaging solutions to more than 1,000 customers globally.
As the world continues to change in ways we cannot even begin to imagine, we know that one thing will never change -- the need to stay connected. The world of tomorrow is counting on us, and we are delivering.
A US-based company, Telcordia Technologies, Inc., doing business as iconectiv. For more information, visitwww.iconectiv.com.
Desktop Support / Systems Administrator (Intern)- iconectiv is looking to grow the IT team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, and trouble-shooting Windows systems.
- The System Administrator manages, maintains, and updates systems to facilitate the storage, computing, and communication of information based on the company
- Service Level requirements Certifications a plus.
- Must have a GPA >3.0
- Hands on experience with Windows, Office 365, VPN
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds to install desktop, servers and networking equipment.
- Familiarity with open source tools & packaging, monitoring systems, hardware troubleshoot, tracking, resolution, and routine maintenance with security updates
- Perform installations/patching of operating system, software installation, and system backups
- Data recovery
- Possess great people skills (must be able to interact with other technical groups), and must be able to work independently
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore, employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled employer. The Company’s status is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled