The Senior Database Administrator provides high level support for a wide range of database, ERP and middleware application administration functions within the Management Division's Technology Services Infrastructure team to include: analyzing the IT requirements necessary to meet user needs within the assigned area of responsibility; planning, designing and implementing secure, cost-effective IT solutions that best satisfy user needs and that are consistent with the Federal Reserve Board's Information Technology guidelines and standards.
Desired skill sets include:
- Support software and infrastructure for testing, training and development tools related to major ERP systems such as PeopleSoft HCM and PeopleSoft CRM
- Perform and assist with a range of day-to-day database administration activities to support the various components of the above ERP systems
- Assist in change management and compliance related processes for the team and the department
- Perform various business analysis functions, such as creating project documentations using Visio for creating process or system diagrams
- Work effectively as a team member and provide excellent customer support to client users
- Install various software products and maintain infrastructure environments
- Work closely with external and internal stakeholders to build and support environments
- Support compliance efforts
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information System or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 8 + years of experience in software administration of PeopleSoft/PeopleTools Technologies preferred.
- 8 + years of experience in Oracle DBA tasks such as database creation, refresh, backup, table-space management, etc. preferred.
. 8 + years of experience in PeopleSoft DBA tasks such as installing/configuring PeopleSoft technology stack components, cloning PeopleSoft environments, applying PUM updates, and applying PeopleTools patches preferred.
- Have a good understanding of Software SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) processes
- Have working knowledge of SQL Plus to perform DBA tasks
- Have working knowledge of basic Unix/Linux commands
- Must be a quick learner and adapt to new tools and technologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills and can effectively communicate with technical personnel, end-users, executives and management
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or application, membership, or service in the uniformed services.