POSITION: Head Start Family Support Worker
LOCATION: DOWNTOWN Miami, FL
STATUS: Full-Time with Full Benefits
SALARY: $15.67 per hour, 40 hours per week, about $32,593.60 annualized
Responsible for family services for enrolled Head Start families of center-based children in accordance with Head Start performance standards and guidelines. Also responsible for the recruitment enrollment and income eligible families as well as implementation of family quality support services, parent education and program governance as outlined in the Head Start performance standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Carries a caseload of an average of 60-70 children/families.
- Works with teachers to complete documents for children/families.
- Oversees the recruitment, training, and scheduling of parent volunteers.
- Works with the Policy Committee representative and serves as a resource for the Parent Committee.
- Assists parents in developing and scheduling their own social and developmental activities and encourages and supports parents in addressing community needs.
- Secure resources required to meet the services/needs of children and their families.
- Serves as a resource to staff and parents to provide supplemental services children and their families.
- Assists families in determining individual needs and developing a plan to meet their needs.
- Keeps other agency staff apprised of parent issues, and assists staff in designing and implementing a comprehensive, well integrated plan for parent involvement that crosses all service areas.
- Works closely with the teacher and teacher assistant to establish a rapport between the parent and program to achieve maximum parent participation in the program and related activities.
- Assists with the recruitment of parents and community volunteers.
- Utilizes community resources to benefit children and parents of the program.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Family Services, Human Services, Counseling, Psychology, or closely related field; with one (1)-two (2) years of related experience, CASE MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE BIG PLUS; thorough knowledge of principles of social work, case intake, crisis intervention, counseling, or psychology which is typically gained through employment, practicum and or volunteering; experience and/or knowledge or relevant Head Start Performance Standards a plus; requires level 2 DCF background clearance, certificate of Good Health and Tine test, and drug test.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.67 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Case Management: 1 year (Required)
- Social Work: 1 year (Required)
- Miami, FL 33128 (Required)