Position: Accounting Associate
Salary: Based on qualifications. Thisis a full time, regular position. Salary depends on experience. MED-Projectprovides competitive benefits (401(k), vacation days, medical and dentalinsurance, etc.) and reimbursement for travel expenses
Reports to: Director – Finance
The Accounting Associate will support the MED-ProjectLLC (MED-Project) organization by providing financial support to MED-Project FinanceDirector and the MED-Project leadership team. The Accounting Associate will perform avariety of accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles andstandards to control the organization's financial resources and ensure that itcomplies with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements. They will establish and maintain accountingpolicies and controls, fiscal controls, prepare financial reports and safeguardthe organization's assets. They will maintain accounting and financial recordsand reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory andmanagement reports.
Thisposition will advise, support, assist, and coordinate with Finance Director andleadership team on financial assignments.
· Assist with development, implementationand maintenance of the financial plans and policies of the organization.
· Establish fiscal controls, preparefinancial reports, advise management of financial affairs and assist inlong-range planning.
· Perform a variety of financialactivities, including accounting, financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, auditand tax.
· Evaluate ways to leverage (or change/add)the systems more effectively to improve the existing processes and procedures.
· Assist with completion of internal andexternal audits.
· Perform special projects as needed tosupport the MED-Project Finance Director and entire MED-Project Lead Team.
· Other duties which may beassigned as deemed appropriate based on experience and skill sets.
· Bachelor’s Degree inAccounting, Finance or Business or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of relevantexperience.
· CPA preferred, but not required.
· Strong knowledge of generalaccounting principles.
· Experience working in a fast pace/highgrowth environment.
· Advanced Experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word,Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
· Extremelyorganized with exceptional attention to detail and excellent multi-taskingskills with changing priorities.
· Abilityto work collaboratively.
· Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
· Abilityto work both in a team environment and operate independently in a virtual environment.
This position might require approximately5-10% domestic travel throughout the year to support the team.
This position requires the ability tospeak, hear, see and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time