Summary of Responsibilities
This role will be based at our client site north of downtown Houston.
Epsilon is seeking a high performing Director of Strategic Marketing Consulting focused on leading marketing and CX projects for a Houston-based retail fuels organization.
The Director will build client relationships, identify opportunities for marketing initiatives, and lead various types of strategic marketing planning and campaign projects that drive sales goals and revenue growth. Responsibilities include collaborating with internal functional teams to formulate strategic account plans, executing existing campaign plans, and identifying new marketing projects in collaboration with client stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of creating and delivering best in class marketing communication solutions that involve loyalty, cards, mobile, retail point of sale, and traditional digital and offline touches. The candidate will have experience with marketing strategies, customer experience planning, digital touchpoint activation, and associated orchestration capabilities informed by strategic insights, data and technology.
The Work You’ll Do
You will be responsible for cultivating and leading marketing engagements for a retail fuels organization. You will be flexible and able to think strategically, act tactically, work with client managers, and be a trusted advisor for client executives. You will help facilitate the planning of the marketing calendar, facilitate the execution of existing marketing campaigns, strategize new marketing and CX initiatives that leverage data-driven insights, add the actionable “so what” to KPI reports, and other related activities required to drive results in a high performance marketing environment.
You will support senior marketing executive relationships as a trusted strategic advisor and work closely with Strategists, Analytics, Client Services, Technology, Brand Planners, Creative, and Enterprise Sales to design and execute CRM, CX, and Loyalty strategies. The candidate will play a critical role in designing, activating, and executing the customer experience that we aspire to create at different stages of the customer life cycle. You will be able to quantify and articulate the business value that strategic solutions provide to your clients.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the client’s: business, strategic objectives and annual goals; the industry within which the they operate, key trends, disruptors, economics; competitors, positioning, key trends, marketing programs; key initiatives, objectives
- Create CRM programs, contact strategies, and campaigns. Work with internal and client teams to design, create, deploy, measure and optimize enterprise omni-channel marketing strategies across lifecycle and non-lifecycle programs. Develop real-time communications strategies through the use of segmentation, targeting, channels, offers, messaging, testing, reporting, and analysis with a focus on integrating digital and offline channels.
- Assess and optimize customer experiences through journey mapping and other tools.
- Leverage and optimize digital channels and touchpoints for personalization including email, mobile, web, SMS along with offline retail point of sale and direct mail to achieve marketing strategy objectives.
- Identify high level business requirements for marketing technology solutions.
- Use analytical approaches and bring in predictive sciences team members to support marketing strategies. Advise on how to drive client marketing communication results through data-driven insights.
- Identify, populate, and leverage strategic frameworks for the purpose of creating strategic plans and enterprise marketing roadmaps.
- Understand the financial aspects of measuring and managing marketing programs and technology investments to make recommendations for achieving clients' financially-driven goals. Define KPIs for performance and make recommendations to continuously measure, track, report, learn, and optimize program strategies and tactics
- Lead and collaborate with internal cross-functional teams including Client Services, Analytics, Technology Development, and Creative to bring innovation in customer acquisition, engagement, and retention strategies and connect the dots between strategy and CRM execution
- This is an individual contributor role with the longer term potential to lead a team of senior strategic consultants and subject matter experts to define and solve marketing challenges for a large retail fuels organization through strategy engagements
- This role is within the Epsilon Strategic Consulting team but will be based on premise at a client location
- Bachelor's degree required and a MBA or master's degree equivalent is preferred
- A minimum of 8+ years of relevant professional experience is required
- Must have first-hand experience in designing data-driven marketing communication plans, creating marketing calendars, and tactically enabling direct marketing communications through an enterprise omni-channel marketing program
- Marketing and product experience in convenience retail and retail fuels industries, specifically with strong knowledge of marketing communication planning and CX improvements across mobile, forecourt, backcourt, email, SMS, push notifications, display, and offline channels is preferred. Marketing and expertise in mobile payments is also desired
- Strong grasp of digital marketing innovations and disruptions, specifically in mobile apps, point of sale, and connected car desired
- Familiar with best of breed marketing tools including mobile marketing, gamification, business intelligence, campaign management, digital analytics, content management, and offer management desired
- Experienced with multi-channel marketing technology platforms. Management of CRM and loyalty programs across multiple communications channels
- Familiar with analytical techniques in support of multi-channel marketing including profiling, segmentation, analysis, and modeling. Familiar with predictive models and using analytics to create data-driven segments that support lifecycle marketing strategies
- Management consulting expertise is desired and must bring consulting leadership and presentation skills with the confidence to be a lead voice and trusted advisor by clients
- Hands-on PowerPoint expert that can rapidly create polished PowerPoint decks
- Demonstrate success in playing a leading role within a matrixed organization. Talented in building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. Ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams in multiple client pursuits and initiatives concurrently
- Is able to develop and deliver complex communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. Strong background in storytelling narratives, crafting and delivering proposals and deliverables that are articulate, concise, compelling and clear.
- Analytically-oriented thinker with advanced Excel skills and comfortable manipulating data to demonstrate trends and implications
- Ability to lead, align, and direct a team of strategic consultants and subject matter experts who may physically reside in various Americas locations
- Experience working in and with large, fast changing, highly-matrixed corporate environments without continuous guidance
- Displays curiosity and a love of learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder. Learns quickly in new situations and proactively takes on the challenge of new tasks.
- Proactive self-starter with high level of initiative and ability to direct a virtual / matrixed team on multiple concurrent projects, and ensure follow-through while delivering high quality to Epsilon clients
- Is action-oriented and takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm. Track record of delivering high impact solutions and experiences, collaborating with cross functional teams, and driving vision and purpose
- Structured thinker with a background in using frameworks and methodical steps to identify work stream approaches. Ability to use key consulting frameworks and concepts to communicate rationale and recommendations
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon’s digital media arm, Conversant, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs and through CJ Affiliate, one of the world’s largest affiliate marketing networks. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest, that help drive business growth for brands. An Alliance Data* company, Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Alliance Data.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.