The Service Technician is responsible for quality installation practices including upgrades, disconnects and troubleshooting of all existing services including IP and RF based video, voice and internet, DISH and DIRECTV.
- Perform reconnects, requested and non-pay disconnects, and changes of service, while adhering to: company procedures and safe work practices in order to provide (or remove) services.
- Routinely perform fiber optic troubleshooting with 1310, 1490 and 1550 nm wavelengths.
- Administer router, access point, Bridge and Wi-Fi processes.
- Perform troubleshooting and solution methodologies for IP and LAN.
- Install all types of CAT5/CAT6 drop wire.
- Install connectors on CAT5/CAT6 drop wire.
- Troubleshoot IP issues from any telecommunications demark to customer premise equipment.
- Successfully install all ancillary equipment provided to subscribers.
- Identify fiber connectors and color code.
- Configure customer PCs for successful internet operation.
- Test and tone all drop wires from equipment room to end user location.
- Work on an on-call schedule rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have minimum of 5 years’ experience installing, testing and troubleshooting cable, phone and internet
- Must have Fiber Optic Cabling experience
- Proficiency using small hand tools and larger power tools
- Must have active and clean, non-restrictive, state issued driver’s license in State where hired.
- Must be comfortable working on a ladder and all heights
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associates Degree in Internet Technologies or Engineering is preferred
- Cisco Certifications, CCT or CCENT entry level certificates and Microsoft Certifications, MCSA for Office
- Ability to work days, weekends, evenings and holidays and participate with on-call rotation as needed