Job Description: Commercial Solar Business Developer
Company: 174 Power Global NorthEast, LLC – New York, NY
Employment Type: Full-time, Exempt
Industry: Renewables & Environment, Solar, Utilities & Construction
174 Power Global, headquartered in Irvine, California, designs, builds and manages solar power plant solutions. The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to North America, combining best-of-world technology, processes and partnerships to deliver utility-grade solar PV solutions customized for local energy markets. 174 Power Global offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from power plant development, design, construction, operations and maintenance. With proven capabilities across the solar value chain, 174 Power Global minimizes uncertainty and risk, and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in solar energy.
The Commercial Solar Business Developer will help lead our efforts to further develop and expand our customer partnerships, growth, and profitability in the NY Metro region. This position requires a combination of sales and marketing expertise, written and verbal communication skills, business development efforts, negotiation skills, and the analysis of customer needs and preferences.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Business Development, or another senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is based out of Manhattan, NY and the ideal candidate will be within commutable distance to this location. This position is required to travel at least 50% of the time.
- Generate and communicate business development strategies and sales and marketing targets for the region;
- Continuously increase knowledge of new company products, procedures, services, and tools by attending sales training offerings and company meetings;
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, products, systems, installation methods, and any requisite or related beneficial certifications or licenses on an ongoing, consistent basis;
- Represent and provide market exposure for the Company at trade shows and industry-related events, effectively networking with and educating customers and groups about solar energy solutions;
- Act as a liaison between the company and customers; effectively convey up-to-date product information, services, and financial options to customers;
- Collaborate with other functional departments within the Company to achieve corporate goals and sales targets;
- Maintain constant professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to represent the Company in a truthful and positive manner;
- Establish strategic partnerships with high-value commercial prospects; build trust and rapport with customers, effectively communicate and contract terms, conditions, and project expectations;
- Ability to self-generate leads within the territory to increase account growth;
- Actively identify new areas of opportunity to increase account growth through daily cold calling, strategic marketing, and lead generation activities;
- Deliver innovative sales presentations to communicate the solar system capabilities and benefits of renewable energy;
- Maintain a prospect database and provide prospects with periodic updates on solar products, pricing, and promotions to increase account growth;
- Conduct proper after-sales actions, including completing all necessary permitting and incentive paperwork and obtaining the required signatures, system details, and customer information;
- Achieve stellar customer satisfaction and sales performance ratings; and
- All other assignments and special projects, as requested by Management.
· Advanced graduate degree or higher, MBA strongly preferred;
· Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in sales and business development roles; experience in solar or renewable energy, required;
· Proven track record managing multiple accounts and projects, prioritizing tasks, and meeting deadlines;
· Ability to maintain confidential and/or sensitive information;
· Possess strong interpersonal, analytical, solutions-building, time management, and organizational skills;
· Ability to travel, at least 50% of the time;
· Ability to work in both field-type environment and in a professional office setting;
· Extended periods of sitting, walking, standing, reaching, and/or bending, with potential hazards onsite;
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs.;
· Ability to travel, at least 50% of the time;
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player;
· Excellent ability to communicate among construction, technical and non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the company; and
· Comfortable working in a fast-moving dynamic, environment.
174 Power Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. www.174powerglobal.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- solar: 3 years (Required)
- commercial development: 7 years (Required)