PAY/ HR: $12.77
APPOINTMENT TYPE: (x) Flex
PAY GRADE: NL-5003-04
WHO MAY APPLY: (x) All sources
You are responsible for uploading any documentation that supports your preference claim, experience and educational background. We are not responsible for employment ineligibilities based on missing information or documents.
All employment is contingent upon a successful completion of a Tier 1 Investigation (Background Investigation) and other required background investigation.
This is a seasonal position
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Irrigates all areas of the golf course. Knows the locations of quick coupler valves used for hand watering for supplemental irrigation requirements. Performs grounds maintenance operations on greens, tees, fairways, roughs, clubhouse grounds area and other related areas by using hand or power operated equipment, hand tools or manual labor. Mows, fertilizes, seeds, sods, plugs, aerates, top-dresses, verti-cuts, changes cups, moves tee markers, and does flag and pole maintenance. Polices, rakes, and shapes traps; trims and cultivates plants, transplants trees and shrubs, and performs other maintenance operations of the course. Performs basic operator maintenance and records equipment usage. May occasionally operate a wide variety of powered equipment to include utility vehicles, riding mowers, and other powered riding equipment.
Performs other related duties as required.
Control over work. Receives written and verbal instructions relative to daily assignments from the Course Supervisor to who requirements and daily work accomplishments are reported. Work may be performed on an individual basis or as part of a crew, depending on the extent of the project or task. Work is reviewed for compliance with instructions and standard, accepted trade practices.
Physical Effort Active, constant walking, lifting up to 75 pounds, pushing, moving objects, carrying supplies and equipment, operating of hand tools and mechanical equipment. A pre-employment physical is required.
Working Conditions. Normally will work uncommon hours and says outside, subject to the elements of weather, hazards from the use of toxic chemicals and fertilizers, possible injury from operation of mechanical equipment or tools. Pre-employment immunizations are required.
All tasks must be accomplished in a careful and thorough manner and the equipment used must be handled skillfully to eliminate turf, tree, and shrub damage and to develop a highly manicured turf- grass facility.
APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION TO BE SELECTED. NONQUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Must be skilled in the operation of any powered equipment. Must be familiar with common gardener procedures such as mowing, fertilizing, replacing sod and/or aerating. Experience in pruning trees and bushes are desirable. Applicant must be able to communicate effectively in English to follow verbal and written job assignments. Applicant must be able to communicate with the golfers, understand written equipment safety and training manuals, understand MSDS and hazard communication programs and follow all established safety, security and housekeeping responsibilities. Must have the ability to operate a wide variety of powered equipment to include utility vehicles, riding mowers, and other powered riding equipment if required. Must have the ability to operate equipment in a safe manner. Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds. A pre-employment physical is required. Pre-employment immunizations are required.
A Local Files Check (LFC). All employment is contingent upon a successful completion of a Tier 1 Investigation (Background Investigation) and other required background investigation.
Position is subject to furlough from December through February.
1. You are responsible for uploading any documentation that supports your experience, and/or educational background. If you fail to include prior duties performed in either your profile section or resume, your application will be considered incomplete and you will not be considered for this position. We are not responsible for employment ineligibilities based on missing information or lack of documentation.
2. Applicant claiming Military Spouse, Transitional or Veteran’s Hiring Preference must attach required documents to be considered. Reference the Preferences Tab above for required documents.
3. All Federal NAF employees are required by PL 104-134 to have salary payments made by electronic funds transfer/direct deposit.
4. Internal NAF applicants pay may be set according to applicable pay setting rules.
5. For current appropriated fund (APF) employees, portability pay setting rules apply (REF: AFMAN 34-310, NAF Personnel Program Management and Administration Procedures, para 184.108.40.206)
6. “Any Individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who is not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable, will not be appointed”
EEO Policy Statement
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy Statement
This agency provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.