Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: 24 hrs (7 am - 7 am)
Shift Details: 24 hour - 24 on / 72 off
Yearly: $40,000 + overtime opportunities
Benefit Eligible: Medical plan available
Exemption Status: Non Exempt
If you are a self-starter, do not require micromanagement, and prefer to work in a small organization where you will have a big impact, you need to consider Fort Mill EMS. With a 24 on / 72 off schedule, you’ll have time to pursue other passions, work a second job or pick up overtime on your days off.
We operate one full-time truck and one part-time truck as part of the York County 911 system. Fort Mill EMS averages 4 transports a shift.
As a paramedic, you will be responsible for managing your crew and meeting high standards of patient care. Your crew provides basic and advanced level prehospital treatment and transport to ill and injured patients. You will assess and perform appropriate treatment of patients while working under standards and protocols approved by the Medical Director and SC DHEC.
Fort Mill EMS is also a training ground for many aspiring EMTs. If you enjoy mentoring students and new EMTs to become high performers, you will have ample opportunity to do so. If you like classroom teaching, you can instruct ACLS or PALS, community CPR and first aid and more at our soon to open training center. Instructor training provided.
If you enjoy large, highly structured EMS organizations and need a supervisor to watch over you, then you should pass on Fort Mill EMS. Otherwise, if you want something different and are intrigued to learn more, apply today.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works with EMT Basic to maintain a clean environment to include living quarters and maintains vehicles to a mission ready status by checking, restocking and cleaning at the beginning of shift and after each call
- Provides accurate and legible documentation of patient care with attention to detail to accurately reflect assessment and interventions.
- Provides leadership and directs the actions of crew members in routine and critical situations to ensure appropriate treatment and transport for all patients
- Drives in accordance with Fort Mill EMS policy as well as state and local laws, ensures the safety of all passengers, and ensures that seat belts are worn at all times.
- Promotes a safe work environment and demonstrates safe work practices
- Skilled in using basic and advanced level emergency care related equipment and devices
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with medical personnel, family members, and co-workers.
- Duties require working, transporting and driving in all weather conditions to include exposure to extreme hot, cold and wet weather.
- Must not have any physical, emotional or mental impairments to prevent them from riding, driving or administering patient care in a transport vehicle.
- Work requires standing, sitting, walking, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling. Heavy lifting required with the assistance of a partner to load and unload patients and carry equipment. Good physical stamina and endurance required.
- Must have intact sense of sight, hearing smell and touch. Finger dexterity. Eye hand and motor coordination.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must be proficient in English; must have the ability to read, write, and speak in English.
- Possesses a current driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Drug/Alcohol Testing
- Clear criminal background
Qualifications and Skills
License or Certification Requirement:
Must hold current certification as a Nationally Registered Paramedic.
Current South Carolina certification preferred or ability to obtain reciprocity by time of employment.
Current Healthcare Provider CPR certification.
Current ACLS certification.'
- Only full-time employees eligible
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 per year
- Are you willing to undergo a background check in accordance with local laws and regulations?
- state or National Registry paramedic certification. (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations