Greet and register patients for appointments. Answer all telephone calls directed to the reception area.
1. Greet patients in a professional manner.
2. Register patient and check insurance eligibility using the appropriate eligibility system.
3. Obtain appropriate co-payment for service.
4. Answer telephones promptly and courteously, using the Pentucket Medical standard 3-part greeting.
5. Transfer, conference and park calls as appropriate.
6. Route calls according to department protocol.
7. Access, understand and accurately make appointments using the scheduling screens within the appropriate system.
8. Oversee waiting area and ensure that all patients are checked in.
9. Other duties as assigned.
A minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
A minimum of 1 year of customer service experience.
Previous experience in a medical office environment preferred.
- Must have experience working on a computer.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be very detail orientated.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to multi-task.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate messages and reports.
Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with the public by telephone and the staff in person. Work may be stressful at times because of the high volume.
EEO Statement Equal Opportunity Employer
: MA-Newburyport-PCP Pentucket Medical Newburyport
PCP Pentucket Medical Newburyport
260 Merrimac Street
: Customer Service
: Partners Community Physicians Organization(PCPO)
Standard Hours :
: Day Job
Posted Shift Description :
Recruiting Department :
: Aug 17, 2018