Enterprise Conferencing Services Manager (Job Number:
SAIC is seeking an Enterprise Conferencing Services Manager in Durham, NC to support the EPA.
- Lead a Team of Conferencing and AV professionals that support a complete design, implement and support lifecycle for ResPlus Audio Conferencing, VTC and Adobe Connect.
- Responsibilities include Audio/Visual and “Smart Conference Room” design, implementation and support.
- Responsible for overall task performance including Client satisfaction and management.
- Lead AV team Tier 1 responsibilities for multipoint VTC bridging center, including reservations, coordination, consultation, monitoring and usage reporting Serves as an engineer specializing in audio and video hardware, software, networks, and systems. Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs AV hardware and software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Supports activities throughout the lifecycle of the AV system (defining requirements, designing solutions, procurement of equipment, installing systems, operating systems in support of the end user, and high level troubleshooting of any system failures.)
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for AV system hardware, software and network architecture.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, of new AV systems.
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Determines AV system user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems and meet user’s requirements; develops techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; and ensures standards are met.
- Develops, writes, and debugs programming code for control systems (AMX, Crestron, or similar).
- Conducts testing of AV systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of AV systems network, hardware, and software interconnection and interfacing, such as codecs, audio video switchers, AV control systems, AV devices (monitors, microphones, cameras, mixers, amplifiers, etc.), VTC gateways, VTC bridges, video streamers, etc.
- Communicates directly with senior customer leadership clearly and concisely both written and verbally.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to development of new principles and concepts.
- Participates with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Recommends/makes decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Works under consultative direction toward pre-determined long- range goals and objectives.
- Assignments are often self-initiated.
- Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of supervisor.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically results in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect image of organization's technological capability.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs.
- Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
Required Education and Experience
- 18 years of related experience with a GED/HS; OR Bachelors and fourteen (14) years of experience; OR Masters and twelve (12) years of experience; OR PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- 10+ years of Audio/Visual experience.
- Direct team management experience.
- US Citizen with the ability obtain a Public Trust clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Oct 29, 2018, 8:33:56 AM
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Potential for Teleworking:
Yes, 10% of the time