We are currentlyseeking a motivated and talented Facilities Engineer to work in in ourProperty Management department.
The successful candidate will perform typical maintenance tasksin several fields, including, but not limited to: electrical, mechanical,plumbing, carpentry, building construction, HVAC and preventive maintenance.This position requires the following skills for multi-building partnerships: installations, repairs, and maintenance; is required to perform requiredpreventive maintenance, and repairs on defective equipment or other items. Inmost cases, will be assigned daily work orders that must be completed in atimely and professional manner-ensuring conformance with established methods,policies, and procedures.
1. Must be able to perform but not limited to the following skills: carpentry, masonry, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, painting and minor repairs.
2. Responsible to perform preventive maintenance of facility equipment and infrastructure.
3. Remain in compliance with all OSHA, Federal and municipal regulations.
4. Respond to all service-related issues.
5. Control operations for the standardization and accepted practices of all subcontractors in in East Setauket Offices and other locations.
6. Respond to and assist Director of Property Management and other staff as needed.
7. Carry a pager as scheduled to respond to 24/7 after hours emergencies.
8. Maintain records and work order information.
9. Requisition and / or purchase supplies, materials, and tools.
10. Inspect building (interior & exterior) in order to determine maintenance needs by visual observations, and other test devices.
11. Study Blueprints; interpret drawings, sketches, and O & M manuals.
12. Maintain a variety of tools, equipment, and other maintenance supplies all in good working order and properly labeled.
13. Ability to work alone while using considerable judgment while performing and planning one’s tasks.
14. Can be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
ESSENTIALSKILLS, ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
We offer a competitive wage, benefitspackage, including 401(k) with company match, medical, dental and vision plans.* NO RELOCATION PACKAGE AVAILABLE. Emailresume and cover letter. We are an equal employment employer. M/F/D/V
If you require alternative methods of application orscreening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed isnot responsible for the employer's application process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year