Are you looking to join one of Silicon Valley's hottest startups, with top-tier VC funding and all-star engineering, product and sales teams?
Sumo Logic is a secure, cloud-native, data analytics service, delivering real-time, continuous intelligence across an organization's entire infrastructure and application stack. More than 1000 enterprise customers around the globe experience real-time operational, business and customer insights using Sumo Logic for their DevOps, IT ops and security and compliance use cases. With Sumo Logic, customers gain a service-model advantage to accelerate their shift to continuous innovation, increasing competitive advantage, business value and growth.
Founded in 2010 and over $160M in funding, Sumo Logic is a privately held company based in Redwood City, California and is backed by A-Listers like Greylock Partners, DFJ, IVP, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners and Sequoia Capital.
As a Customer Success Manager, you will proactively empower customers to achieve maximum value from their machine data through accelerated enablement, best practice implementation, continuous insight, and strategic partnership.
This is not a traditional "account management" role, but instead a deeply technical role to help increase customer adoption of Sumo Logic's platform through ongoing and proactive support, customer health-checks and amazing customer engagement.
The successful candidate for this job will have a strong technical aptitude along with a strong self-starting, proactive mentality. You enjoy task automation and optimization of workflows and processes. While you do not need to know how to code, you are driven to consistently optimize a workflow. You point out inefficiencies and are constantly innovating solutions.
In this role, you will be dealing with very technical users and called upon to solve complex issues, however, you're also tasked with creating excitement and loyalty in the customers you interact with. This is an ideal role for engineers looking to move from Development into a customer-facing role or Professional Services consultants looking to move from implementation into a more leveraged role.
- Advise customers on successful implementation of use cases.
- Share best-practices, resources, and other tools to help customers successfully adopt the Sumo Logic service.
- Continued onboarding of new users.
- Discover new use cases to increase adoption of the Sumo Logic service.
- Proactively manage opportunities and risks by relying on the log data we collect about them.
- Communicate product news and feature changes to existing customers.
- Participate in technical community forums.
- Ensure customers continue to realize the value of the service.
- 3+ years experience working as a professional services consultant, customer support engineer, technical account manager or sales engineer.
- Hands on experience working with a variety of enterprise software infrastructure products in production environments (operating systems, virtualization, database, network, security).
- You should a passion for data driven decisions / data mining. We are analytics heavy and hence it takes a certain mindset and logical understanding of how data works.
- Ability to script in one or more scripting languages (example: BASH, Python or SQL), regular expressions (regex), SQL queries, etc.
- Advanced Excel knowledge is essential
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth and rapidly changing environment.
- Customer relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to travel.
- Experience with enterprise log management/SIEM products.
- Experience with cloud-based technologies.
- BS/B.Tech/M.Tech in Computer Science or Engineering.