Facility:OrthoIndy Northwest, Indianapolis, IN
Department:Health Information Management
Shift Details: Exempt, Full Time, Days
At OrthoIndy everything wedo is about creating a caring, connected and committed workforce that directly improves the quality of life for our employees and customers.
Be a part of something great!
General Statement of Duties:
The HIM Manager directs and supervises staff in the administration of their duties in keeping with OrthoIndy and/or OrthoIndy Hospitalcorporate policies and procedures. The Manager organizes and plans work to ensure the accurate and timely processing of work, and serves as thepoint of contact for HIM questions or concerns.
1. Employee Management – Supervises staff as assigned and helps develop performance goals and objectives. Interviews, hires, and assists withtraining and orientation of new employees. Evaluates performance and recommends increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions. Ensures staff hasadequate materials, equipment and training to complete their jobs. Approves staff schedule changes and completes payroll reports as needed. Reportsmonthly productivity statistics to HIM Director.
2. Responsible for performing an audit of medical records for completeness and content. Sends notifications to providers of missing or incompleterecords weekly.
3. Responsible for the daily operation of the OrthoIndy Health Information Management Department. Participates in the daily functions of thedepartment. Identifies and resolves operational issues.
4. Ensures the quality, timeliness, availability, adequate storage and preservation of patient medical records for the purposes of patient care.
5. Responsible for performing random audits of staff to ensure quality. Assists with external audits and requests for data as needed.
6. Communicates regularly with the Director of Health Information and other administrative staff. Communicates with staff informing them ofdepartmental, clinical, and hospital updates.
7. Works closely with ROI vendor to ensure patient satisfaction and continuity of care.
8. Conducts monthly meetings with OrthoIndy Health Information Management staff.
ADP, Advanced MD, Allscripts, Cortrak, Speechmotion, Halogen, Incident reporting, Meditech, Microsoft Office, Moxee, SIS, Epiphany, Sovera,Careweb/IHIE
Associate's degree in Health Information required; Bachelor's degree preferred
RHIT certification required; RHIA certification preferred
4-6 years of HIM management experience required; 6-8 preferred
OrthoIndy is an Equal Opportunity Employer