At Northrim Bank, our vision is to be Alaska’s premier bank and employer of choice! We are looking for professional and knowledgeable employees who take pride in their work. We believe in providing value for our customers and communities.
Job Duties & Functions:
The Universal Banker will primarily focus on sales and service efforts to new and existing customers within the branch. This position will have sales, customer service and operational skills in order to process routine and complex over the counter transactions and assist other branch employees with their customer transactions. This position, if properly licensed, will sell/service products and services available through Northrim Investment Services (NIS).
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Alaska Life Insurance license preferred.
- Experience: Two (2) years of customer service and/or successful sales experience in a goal-oriented, customer contact environment.
- Evidence of progressive responsibility in related position preferred.
- Financial institution experience in a customer-contact and product/service sales enviornment, such as branch or lending, is strongly preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience that fulfill the requirements of the position may be considered. Related military education/experience may be used as a substitute for education or work experience.
In addition to the above requirements, this position requires:
- Able to provide comparative information regarding bank deposit product/services, electronic banking and merchant services.
- Outgoing, confident and have a credible sales-oriented personality. Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that requires attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to competently read, write, and speak English sufficiently to comprehend, analyze, and effectively communicate business memorandums, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Must have advanced customer service skills, consultative sales skills, and communicate information in a positive and professional manner
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to perform independently in setting objectives and determining how to proceed
- Must be able to multi-task and accomplish a high degree of accurate work that adheres to established processes, procedures and regulations.
- Have an intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Excel and Word as well as Outlook. Ability to operate standard office equipment such as PC, printer, fax/copier, and telephone.