Love & Salt is an Italian inspired neighborhood restaurant with California sensibility that exemplifies the culture of Los Angeles. Recognized as the Top 10 Best New Restaurants by Los Angeles Magazine, led by Owner, Sylvie Gabriele, Executive Chef/Partner Michael Fiorelli and a seasoned management team, Love & Salt serves fresh and market driven ingredients, a highly curated wine list and seasonal hand crafted cocktails with genuine hospitality. Our attitude, philosophy and passion are all about how we show love & respect for our team, our product, our equipment, our guests, our vendors, our community and ourselves. Our mission is to Be Amazing, Make Friends with everyone who walks through the door and Love Our Community! All candidates commit to live by our core values of love, integrity, quality, generosity, respect and teamwork.
Bar/FOH Manager needs to maintain ownership over the entire bar/FOH and all aspects of the Bar/FOH operation as outlined below alongside the General Manager, Assistant General Manager. The Bar/FOH Manager connects personally with offering guests a uniquely memorable experience and personalized service, collaborating in the development and promotion a winning bar program, engaging and building relationships with guests, establishing a well-run bar and bar routine, and thriving in a fast paced environment. This leadership position also assists in monitoring the financial performance of the bar to ensure target cost percentages are met.
· Minimum 3 years experience in high-end bar management. Sommelier and/or bartender certificate a plus.
· High-end establishment experience required.
· Excellent service background. Ability to train and motivate all staff members to improve quality and consistency of service and presentation on a daily basis. Implement standards.
· Previous bartending required, solid knowledge of beverages and current industry trends.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Stylish and polished presentation.
· Solid experience with POS systems.
· Team building spirit and ability to recruit and train like-minded individuals effectively.
· Creative approach to increasing revenue and enhancing our guest experience.
· Knowledge of health standards and codes. A valid current Food Handlers Card and TIPS Alcohol Certification or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
· Previous experience handling HR issues and managing staff in a professional and positive manner.
· Able to work late evening shifts and have flexibility in schedule including, weekends or holidays.
· Able to work extended shifts with long periods of standing/ walking/ lifting up to 50 lbs as needed.
· High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree in related fields preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Fine dining restaurant
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Restaurant Experience: 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location