- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Customer Service
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan
Crown Awards is looking for a passionate, energetic and creative CFO/Controller to join our fast growing awards company. For over 40 years, and with a dedication to product quality and excellent customer service, Crown Awards & Trophy has been the largest retailer of awards and recognition products in the country. Our corporate office and 100,000+ ft state-of-the-art fulfillment center is located in Hawthorne, NY, in addition to 150 franchise stores around the country. As the leader and most influential company in the industry, Crown will continue to grow, develop high quality innovative products and provide its customers with complete satisfaction. We offer an excellent salary & benefits package along with a dynamic, fun and outstanding work atmosphere and environment. Come join our growing Crown team!
Salary range available: $150K + commensurate with experience
Overview of Primary Responsibilities
- Directs functions that maintain accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Analyzes financial data to assist in the preparation and evaluation of budgets, rolling forecasts, performance KPI’s, and other financial operating reports.
- Reviews financial reports, identifying and recommending appropriate corrective actions.
- Monitors accounts payable and accounts receivable to ensure that all A/P invoicing and A/R billing are accurate and timely; oversees A/R collections & write-offs with Accounting Manager.
- Conducts variance analysis of prior year vs. current year, and current year vs. forecast, of financial statements,
- Responsible for financial reporting and analyzing financial information for external users.
- Prepares summary analysis notes on departmental results that accompany monthly reports.
- Suggests processes, and reporting and documentation improvements to streamline work, including enhancements to software or new software programs with IT dept.
- Researches and resolves accounting issues with financial and operations departments.
- Ensures all financial deadlines and due dates are met in a timely manner, including the monthly financial close, sales tax returns, vendor payments, employee obligations, intercompany payroll & financial information, external financial requirements.
- Develops a rapport with other departments to effectively complete assigned tasks.
- Provides recommendations to the Director of Operations pertaining to the continuous improvement of accounting controls and other financial and administrative practices and procedures.
- Assists with the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of accounting systems that comply with generally accepted accounting principles, tax requirements, and management reporting requirements.
- Works closely with outside CPA firm and outside Consultants on all Company and Ownership issues.
- Works closely and negotiates with third-party vendors, especially with inbound & outbound freight costs, packing supplies, banking, 401K plan, benefits.
Direct Areas of Responsibility:
- Financial statements, reports and all mapping of same maintained in Excel.
- General ledger maintenance, including accounts, mapping, month-end review.
- Sales analysis, queries and MRC reports as needed for special reporting needs of Ownership or other depts.
- Knowledge of inbound air and boat shipment processes & costs, and outbound pricing, markup and profitability.
- Payroll processing, currently on Paycom platform, including knowledge of payroll taxes, tax rates, deductions, cafeteria plan, journal entry interface.
- Order processing knowledge, including order types, and flow to P&L.
- Inventory control, including weighted average costs, database setup, product lines, reporting categories, handling codes, etc.
- Administration of employee benefits, including medical, dental, AFLAC, FSA plans and the related costs, compliance, annual census & quotes, and enrollment process.
- Administration of 401K plan with Mass Mutual, including knowledge of compliance testing, preparation of annual census, HCE contribution limits, costs, enrollment process, investment options and annual audit.
- Employee offer letters and severance letters, including all terms of the agreements.
- Reference categories in Assist to maintain accounting-related functions, including item setup.
- Legal issues as they arise, especially related to employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of corporate accounting experience with a preference in a manufacturing or retail environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment that is deadline driven.
- Driver of change and process improvement.
- Hands-on, analytical and energetic.
Job Type: Full-time