Call Center Operations Manager
We are a medical call center. Anything that happens at the front desk of a doctor's office can be outsourced to us. Our primary focuses are 24-hour urgent messaging to healthcare providers, appointment scheduling, and obtaining prior authorizations for hospitals and hospital owned outpatient practices. We service physicians across the US, with a heavy emphasis on the greater NYC area and South Florida. We have a steady growth rate and that is continuing throughout the pandemic. As a result of the pandemic, our call center has shifted to a virtual format and we have built a team that spreads all across the country.
WE are looking for someone with a long-term vision looking to grow with us.
Our Brand Promise: Connect, Focus, Deliver
Our Core Values:
- Dependable as the Sun
- Make Mama Proud
- We Play for Each Other
- Knock Their Socks Off
We are most proud of:
- The average call center in the US has a turnover rate of 3.5 months. Our current rate is over 4 years.
- Our client retention is above 99.9%. We typically only lose clients when they retire or sell their practice.
Who we are looking for:
First and foremost, we are looking for someone who connects with our Brand Promise and Core Values. Someone who is a team BUILDER. Someone who can draw the best out of our staff and coach them to greatness.
The right candidate has extensive expertise in call center leadership. They must have a firm grasp of traditional call center metrics. They must also have experience with remote work forces.
This individual exudes professionalism, etiquette, adaptability, foresight, and resourcefulness. This individual must have a demonstrated commitment to excellence and be comfortable performing daily tasks that are critical to the rhythm of our business. They must be obsessed with details, creative problem solver, and capable of seeing the big picture. The candidate must have a great executive presence and be comfortable working with all levels of leadership. We are looking for someone comfortable evaluating existing processes and operational issues while also being capable of thinking outside the box for solutions to those issues or the development of new processes. The candidate must be able to manage and motivate a remote team.
- Recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching, rewarding and disciplining employees
- Communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, reviewing job contributions, and assuring consistent delivery of performance reviews
- Planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
- Foster an environment that motivates employees to take ownership of their metrics and holds them accountable for hitting those metrics
- Continuous process improvement and collaboration with other managers to enhance service
- Troubleshoot and resolve non-routine customer complaints and escalations
- Ensure the customer service team members follow documented standardized work procedure
- Ensure two-way communication flows consistently through all channels, at all levels of the department, and with cross-functional teams
- Manage employee morale by implementing programs, promoting participation, providing positive reinforcement, team/individual acknowledgments, etc.
- Proactive in day-to-day decision making that will affect customers’ service levels
- 5+ years of experience in a fast-paced and challenging work environment
- Experience managing a call center
- Experience managing and motivating a remote team
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- High IT competency
- Self-starter with the willingness to take action and find opportunities to support, train, and develop people
- Scrupulous attention to detail and top-shelf organizational skills
Compensation negotiable based on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance