Atterro has an exciting long term contract opportunity for a Sourcing Specialist for our Ridgefield Park, NJ based client, the world's leading Electronics company! This is a 12 month contract opportunity with the possibility for extensions, and Atterro offers benefits including Health, Dental, Vision and 401K plans.
Sourcing Specialist ( Associate I ) - Procurement Department
Assists to drive Sourcing and Procurement initiatives by working closely with business owners and internal Procurement team members. Works closely with team to implement solutions to ensure Procurement requirements and Compliance policies are met. Constantly strives to help improve Procurement processes by working to with Compliance, Audit and Procurement requirements while utilizing tools and systems (BQMS) to manage tasks to completion. Performs analysis and research to identify spend data trends; convert analysis into an action plan to support Sourcing and BQMS Marketing processes. Processes may include vendor spend, financial risk, tax requirements, compliance initiatives or ad-hoc HQ requests. Extensive interaction with internal business units to identify problems, analyze information develop and implement solutions consistent with our business strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In this position, either directly or through others, the candidate will:
- Independently manage Sourcing/Procurement processes and initiatives for SEA Procurement as well as internal projects that include overall bidding quote marketing procurement support activities.
- Manage RFP processes with minimal support, start-to-finish, for simple-to-medium complexity projects (to include market research, RFP development, management of bid communications, refurbished bidding events supporting various product lines to assist Financial Strategy team on sale of refurbished inventories.
- Support BQMS/Sourcing vendor relationships and encourage Samsung Procurement guidelines to mitigate risk and implement form-to-fit procurement processes.
- Work closely with internal Procurement team and key marketing business units to assist adoption of BQMS and Procurement practices relating to P2P processes and vendor onboarding.
- Manage ongoing vendor auditing which includes but not limited to, vendor on-site visits, vendor profile online research review, financial risk assessments and vendor performance reviews.
- Provide internal / external BQMS training with continuous monitoring or adoption to ensure success.
- Build and maintain data repositories for ad-hoc projects in order to track status results for reporting.
- Resolve Sourcing/Procurement related issues and discrepancies between new processes and suppliers.
To qualify for this position, the following minimal background and skill levels are required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field from a four-year college or university.
- 2-5 years relative experience (or equivalent) in Purchasing, Procurement, Strategic Sourcing or progressive experience in project management.
- Knowledge and understanding of Sourcing/Procurement Systems; including adaptability to complex e-Tools, such as bid management, performance management, purchasing and accounts payable activities.
- In-depth use and knowledge of MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and SAP.
- Experience performing vendor evaluations, vendor performance reviews and compliance risk assessments to insure process requirements are met.
- Must be a strong team player and able to lead or participate on cross functional teams. This position will require strong interpersonal and excellent collaborative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and strong prioritization skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously and keep high level of focus.
- This position demands a high degree of ethics and professionalism to ensure control of expenditures.
- Strong organization, communication, problem solving and data analytical skills required.
The following skills and abilities must be demonstrated at a proficient level:
- Detailed oriented person to take on challenges in a fast-paced environment managing multiple activities.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment in order to achieve team goals and complete assignments within established deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, especially pertaining to vendor management, procurement, marketing, and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated effective writing, public speaking, and training skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with multiple levels within the company and with external contacts including vendors, third-party partners and other Samsung subsidiaries.
- Ability to gather and analyze data from multiple sources, prepare spreadsheets, charts, graphs and tables of information and to plan and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Work under very little supervision and guidance to support team goals and to complete individual work assignments within established time frames.
- Potential travel 10%