St. Luke’s Health System in Boise, ID is seeking a Market Development Director to join our Health Plan team.
The Market Development Director works closely with senior leadership, the business, and product development teams to execute on St. Luke’s Health Plan’s strategic growth vision. This role serves as a trusted advisor to Health Plan leadership on matters relating to the community and legislative landscape, along with market and regulatory risks and opportunities.
Develops and maintains relationships with employers, community leaders, elected officials, insurance consultants and brokers, healthcare industry representatives, and other constituents to drive the attraction and retention of members. Appropriately aligns Health Plan activities with similar efforts at St. Luke’s Health System.
- Drives ongoing internal and external intelligence gathering. Provides market insights and analysis on competitive environments, business targets, market trends, and opportunities in identified geographies.
- Partners internally with executive leadership on opportunities for strategic expansion aligning with business objectives.
- Functions as an integral member of the sales and account management team to aid in the development of key purchaser relationships.
- Responsible for supporting sales objectives and key results, with emphasis on large groups.
- Serves as a representative for the Health Plan on key sales initiatives (ex: RFPs (request for proposals), retention meetings for key clients) and external events (conferences, forums, chamber events, etc.) to drive successful attraction and retention of clients based on value-based product offerings.
- Ensures articulation of the Health Plan’s value proposition to internal and external constituents. Closely collaborates with the team and stakeholders to ensure positive member outcomes.
- Actively engages with Health Plan executive leadership and government affairs resources to communicate the Health Plan’s position on key issues affecting the community.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of St. Luke’s Health Plan's potential challenges and assesses key legislative policy and regulatory risks and opportunities. Maintains knowledge and fluency on a wide variety of regulatory and policy issues, including insurance trade and government programs (ex: Medicaid, Medicare, sustainability, value-based care, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or experience in lieu of degree
- Experience: 8 years’ relevant experience
- Licenses/Certifications: None