Do you like to work with teachers, students and online learning? Have you had experience in K-12 Education? If so, Edgenuity is where you should be! Our Professional Development Specialists provide superior customer service and support onsite and via webinar.
Imagine a world where all K-12 children have an equal opportunity to acquire an excellent education. That's the Edgenuity mission. Founded in 1998, today Edgenuity partners with schools in all 50 states to provide award-winning curriculum to millions of students across 3500 school districts, and we’re growing! As the leading provider of digital curriculum and instructional services, Edgenuity empowers students, educators and school districts to achieve success in a variety of online and blended learning models.
A Day in the Life as a Professional Development Specialist
As a Professional Development Specialist you work directly with teachers providing engaging, small and large group presentations. You will become an expert on various Edgenuity courseware. You assist in the coordination of on-site product training and professional development sessions to teachers and school administrators, as well as adjust professional development sessions within specified parameters to fit the needs of the participants.
You deliver professional development sessions to teachers, academic coaches and administrators on how to effectively implement the varied products to successfully impact classroom learning. While out in the field, you present a professional image at all times to customers and prospects alike.
You provide personalized on-site targeted support to teachers, academic coaches and administrators. This may range from providing support on using Edgenuity in a blended setting to enhancing the teacher’s current lesson plan. You also focus on helping educators analyze data and apply it to instruction, making data driven decisions to identify evidence of implementation successes and challenges.
At the end of the day you track and submit detailed session training notes with follow-up next steps, completing all assignments in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Experience in K-12 Education required.
- Experience in delivering successful professional development, training, and/ or consulting services in an educational environment.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills and previous experience training with technology products.
- Excellent written and extraordinary oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships with teachers and administrators.
- Ability to be flexible and able to adapt to the immediate or unforeseen challenges.
- Superb computer skills, particularly MS Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 100%.
Ability to travel up to 100%. Preferably live in Central California area allowing, for reasonable travel times via commercial airlines. Must have an acceptable driving record.